Register now to get rid of these ads!

On the side of the road what have you found?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phukinartie, May 9, 2010.

1. Qparker

Qparker

My dad's '48 Chevy pickup~ It was stolen about 2 months earlier...

2. George G

George G

Swivel head 3/8 inch snap on ratchet.

3. yogel

yogel

My brother in law had a wrecker he used to junk cars with.any time he had a leaky gas can,broken anything or whatever he wanted to get rid of he would leave it on the back of the wrecker.sure enough some a**hole would steal it overnight.

4. my dad grabbed a big lunch box settin next to a mile marker, went back and it still had lunch in it. he ate the banana and the dognuts, but the salami sandwich found its way out the window.

5. When there was a garbage strike on I heard of people boxing up the garbage and then putting fancy wrapping paper on them. Leave them in the back of a truck and poof......

6. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

I stopped once to help someone fix a flat. Found a wallet laying on the ground. Opened to check for ID. One of the girls in the car said it belonged to a friend of hers.

7. RoryShock

RoryShock
    from Western TN

Some years back, I was towing my '65 Chevy van from Eureka, CA to my folks' place outside of LA using a towbar and my friend's El Camino. Driving along I heard and noise and looked back to see one of my van's tires bouncing off into a field. My then-wife and I searched a good half-hour looking for that wheel but it must of rolled pretty far. Lost a good Cragar rim that day, but luckily I didn't grind too much off the drum and I had a good spare. I was able to get good lug nuts off the other wheels to get to the next town. I figured someone had to find the wheel eventually.

While searching, my then-wife did come across a wallet with $40 and two concert tickets (Grateful Dead I think) that were dated for the previous day. No ID. We figured a couple hitchhikers were pretty bummed when they got the the show.

Normally I don't find much of anything along side the road except garbage. Once my then-wife found part of a truck axle while driving. Unfortunately it was in the middle of the road at night and it tore apart the underside of the rental car she was driving. She pulled over to an emergency stop where, oddly enough, a truck was stopped having broken down a short time earlier.

8. Rowdy_one

Rowdy_one
    from Oh

Once found a 5 Gallon Jerry can full of gas, also a hose. Some SOB was getting gas out of my 67 cougar, pulled up just in time. That was 40 yrs ago, still have the Jerry can LOL

9. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

one day in traffic on I-5 south through the grapevine I picked up six baby moon hubcaps that had come off of 18 wheelers. I counted over 200 more in a 15 mile stretch.

10. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Did the same thing living in LA. technics turntable,RSL speakers, dining table, 60s tube lounge chairs. a bamboo bench that went in the tiki room and 7 orange sombreros that were HOURS of entertainment at parties....

11. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

holy crap! you to?! hahaha. we picked up a good 20 about 6 months ago

12. 10 years ago I am driving down a country road in Maine on my way to NH. I spot a cat and kitten on the side of the road. Both are dead and move them to the side of the road and cover them with a towel. As I am covering them I hear a Meow. Thought one was alive. Nope both are dead. Then a hear another Meow. Start looking through the weeds and tall grass. Out jumps this little black and white cat. Covered in flees. Pick her up and take her to the vet. Estimated at 6 weeks old. 10 years later....Queen of the house.

Attached Files:

• Zao.jpg
      Zao.jpg
      File size:
      177.5 KB
      Views:
  13. I have found many sets of wheel chocks on oil leases, wrenches, jerry cans for gas, flashlights, chains heavy duty ones with hooks, signs, aluminum breaker bars from production rigs, wheel bearings, hammers, etc I am forgetting some stuff definitely.-Weeks

14. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

bumper to bumper traffic is great for guys like us.......I love the looks I get from other "drivers".........it's funny when you go a quarter mile in 30 minutes and people get mad at you for "holding up traffic" because you open your door and lean out of it. found some good stuff at the 5/605 before also.

15. Brett

Brett

in the glovebox of my 50 i found a couple business cards from the original owner from the john deer dealership he worked at

16. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

we were in our 66 c10 and it wasnt even bumper to bumper. i said "dad pull over now!" we did. loaded up on them, and then realized none of them fit anything we had. buuuut, a friend of ours had a use for every one.:cool: we also found a big broom that fell off a stater bros truck that same day coming home.

17. AllenK

AllenK

When ya gotta go ya gotta go. I've never had to do that on the interstate though.

I had an aunt and uncle that lived in Baton Rouge,La for 5 years or so in the 70's. About 2 or 3 times a year we would go down and see them. We usually left EARLY in the morning. Just a few miles north of Camden,Arkansas there was a dead/dying guy laying in the road. My grandparents were right behind us,and I remember all of them getting out of the car and looking at the guy. They told me to stay in the car ('73 Nova SS) in case it was a trick. Turns out the only car we met that morning was the one that he had been riding in. The others in the car were ready to come home from partying,but he wasn't. He was walking the 35 miles or so from Camden to Gurdon,Ar when he got hit. We checked at the Sheriff's office on the way back home,and they had caught the guy who hit him. I can't remember if Mom and Dad had an i.d. on the vehicle that hit him or not. I still remember that guy lying there some 35 years later,and all the lights from the police cars.

We found a big ass floor jack in the middle of the road coming back from the dirt track races one night. We almost hit the thing! That would've been an oil pan killer for sure.

We trouble with the 3 on the tree hanging up in my Dad's '80 GMC on another night coming back from the car races. I got out of the passenger side and stepped right in the middle of a dead dog. Poor Fido was thankfully dried up pretty good.

My Dad's friend will stop and pick up anything. We've had to double back miles and miles because he saw something on the other side of the interstate. He found a long board one time,but we couldn't fit it in the car. We almost held it out the window for fun.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  18. butch27

butch27

Found a drunk girl on I-75 in Ohio that someone had "thrown" out of a slow moving car. Drove her home and she wanted to "pay" me. I said "No Thanks" had some blood here and there.

19. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Funny years ago someone had gotten into my garage and took a couple things, it was the holiday season so I took and wrapped up some presents for the thiefs (Boxes full of my daughters shitty diapers) and set the gifts by the garage door, took two days they were gone, I would have loved to see the looks on their faces when they opened them.

20. "On the side of the road, all broke' down, who do you think was standin' around, just the greatest country singer alive"!

21. yblock292

yblock292

lots of dead deer around here!