Register now to get rid of these ads!

Omaha Nebraska, Heads Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RidgeRunner, Sep 6, 2008.

1. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

On our way to run the 260 at Speedweek we stopped late Wed eve at the Clariona motel and parked the rig under a light in the back lot [had considered the front but spots were close to the road]. Wrong pick, in the morning we found pass side window of the Yukon tow rig shattered and some of our stuff scattered and misssing. No survelance cameras for the parking lots.

I only lost a small bag with some ratty T-shirts, good Maxton sweatshirt, and new pair of sneakers. Owner/driver lost a small briefcase with a lot of his vintage memorbelia [photos etc]. Our tuner took the bigest hit, had forgotten to take his Fujitsu laptop and a bag containing his ID, cards, couple of altimiters [one borrowed], old Moon air density meter, and early Champion plug light [lens held in with blue silicon] along with a cash stash into the room with him like usual. Looked like a quick grab and go, sort it out later deal.

We filed a report with the Police right off and got the cards canceled. Found out they had already used the cards. After the late start, towed on to Lincoln and Speedway Motors, they hooked us up with a nearby glass shop for repairs. Bought some goodies [LOT less than we had planned to], went to the shop where they took the door panel off just in time for the glass arrival and had it installed in time for us to get back for the musem tour then continue West. Big thank you to the Speedway clerks at the desk, their extra help certainly smoothed out a rough day for us.

Whats gone is gone, probably most crushed by way of a dumpster that day. Quick cash and cards what they were probably after, hope it came with some lingering memories for them :D! Other than the cash and paperwork hassels, most of it is sentimental and irreplaceable for any amount of $$ for us. Would appreciate it if someone would PM me should anything or any information turn up down the road :).

Ed Purinton

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

As someone from South Omaha I'd like to apologize.We're sorry for your inconvienance and I'm glad Speedway took good care of you.Give us Turds a heads up and we'll see you have a better time in Omaha.

3. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Thanks for the thoughts and offer.

One of the major reasons for the post was helping to prevent the aggravation from happening to anyone again.

Learning fast that the HAMB is one of the best, quickest, and upfront lines of communication that has come down the road yet.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Bump.
    Sorry to hear of your misfortunes in Omaha... Like Dick said, the next time you come through, let us know and we'll make sure you enjoy your time here.

Malcolm

5. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

How embarrassing, sorry to hear of your loss. Omaha is a good town with a large hot-rod and car enviroment. Except for obviously the few dumbass idiots out there. Hope it won't stop you from returning. Like Malcolm and Xderilict said, let us know next time your here. Gary

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

That sucks. I thought those guys from Omaha just slept naked in other peoples cars! lol

Just too much of this crap going on lately.

7. sololobo

sololobo

Man, what a bummer, like x-d, Malcolm and Gary said-if you can brave another stay in Omaha, pm any of us and we will show you some Omaha hospitality. Every city has some punk-ass losers and we are obviously no exception. So if we get the chance we will take care of your rides and have you leaving with a better experiance. Kudos to the folks who helped you after the fact. We don't want any of our H.A.M.B. sisters or brothers to go away with anything but good feelings. Total Regrets!!-Sololobo/larry

8. Abomination

Abomination

I'd like to apologize for Omaha, too - especially South Omaha.

:p

...just kidding, guys. :D

~Jason

9. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

That made me laugh,:Dthanks:D Oh, and remember,we piss upstream from KC.