Register now to get rid of these ads!

olson/offy.. looking for pics and info!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by emiliedk, Feb 17, 2008.

1. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

hi all you indy experts! i have a friend here in denmark, he's got quite a car collection. he bought the olson/offy, or norm olson speciel, in england last year. the car is not delivered in denmark yet, caus to some engine problems. some history will follow the car from the previus owner. but i promised him to ask around for pics or storys about the car. i will post some pics when the car shows up.
    the picture shows duke dinsmore in 1949.
    thanks in advance
    /palle

Attached Files:

2. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

The chassis was built by Norm Olson. Apparently new in 1949. Like most that year, it was powered by a 270. Duke started 15th and finished 15th, completing 174 laps before a radius rod broke. In 1950 Jackie Holmes started 30th and finished 23rd after spinning in the rain on lap123. 'Doesn't look like they were there in 1951.

3. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

thanks! i think i found info about the car, telling it was built in 1948. but like most racecars, they where dumped after a few years. i think this one where a 'barn' find, and still have the old paint. but like i said, more pics when i am 'dry testing' the car later.
    palle

4. JackShaft

JackShaft

Dang it, I'm coming down to where ever you are Palle!