Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Olds Rocket Engine into a 1950 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwiandy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

No prob! Thanks for the correction.

2. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

I've recently started a new job and getting the coupe body finished up at the moment so no physical progress unfortunately.
    I've been annoying Tony at Ross Race Engine s with plenty of questions however and have decided to go with one of his engine/trans combinations. Tony offers a compact adapter to a TH350 and also a compact starter which he believes will clear everything. He also offers the engine mounts.
    I'll do an update (on this thread) as things progress. I've just updated the body progress on my build thread.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

51 mercules likes this.
  3. Tony is the man. You will be happy with your choices and his direction.

kiwiandy likes this.
  4. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

back in the day, you'd use those "universal" engine/frame mounts, which i think are still available at speedway, but the trick part was the "dropped" tie rod, and i don't know about availability of that--or how safe it would be. i think you also may have to move the starter over to the passenger side, too.

kiwiandy likes this.
  5. kjones104

kjones104

From what I hear, the Wizard was Ray Orbit, from Chico, CA

6. I guess I am in the same boat as everybody else. I just did a search for my 324 and hydro for my 50 Shoebox lol

7. Kiwiandy, if you're interested in doing an overdrive automatic behind the Olds motor I can tell you it will fit. I have one in my avatar. I had to bump a spot so the fill tube would go in place, and I'm talking minor bump. I also hooked the stock 51 shift linkage up and made everything work. I didn't want any Idiot or Tilt crap in my car. My 51 dash is 100% unmolested. With the 700-R-4 I consistently get 20 plus MPG. If you have to buy a tranny anyway it's well worth the extra shift work.
    P1010359.JPG

sdluck likes this.
  8. sunbeam

sunbeam

There is a starter change over on EBAY for $250 now

Johnny Gee likes this.