Register now to get rid of these ads!

Olds / Lasalle Gurus>>>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by touchdowntodd, May 1, 2006.

1. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i need to know what pressure plate and clutch to buy for a 51 303 that im settin up to run a lasalle... i assume the 51 and up olds one, but wanted to check..... also, throwout and other bearings needed...

THANKS GUYS!

2. hlhpa

hlhpa

Olds fly wheels are drilled for Borg&Beck pressure plates, with 2 groups of 3 bolt holes, I used an International clutch disc from a PU, that has the same splines as La salle, Olds throwout work will work, if you are using Olds bell housing, I had to made a pilot bushing.

3. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i would like more info on the bushing.. and the setup i need to run...

annd pressure plate info too maybe??

this was already on an olds, so everything should be ok, i assume i wanna replace bearings and shit thjough

4. hlhpa

hlhpa

My pilot bushing ended up being one that was made for a ford transmission to Olds engine , not a La salle.trans.

5. ive got an extra t/o and a new bushing...50.00 for the pair

6. also my new clutch disk was from Tennessee clutch. right here in Nashville. but I think he ordered it from some place in Indiana.

7. Buddysyard,I'd bet he has already got his needs by now,,his thread is 8 years old

8. I just love doing things when im half asleep.