Register now to get rid of these ads!

Olds Guys!!!! What kinda parts availability is there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlowandLow63, Apr 3, 2009.

1. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I came across a '57 98 with a 371 in it. Most likely the car would need everything at least touched on. Sheet metal, motor rebuild, interior pieces, bumpers.... the list goes on.

What kind of availability is there for these? I know there isn't much, but maybe some of you guys could lend some knowledge. Or am I stuck hunting NOS pieces on eBay?

Thanks!

2. Check out posts by GOATROPER02. He'd doing lots of Olds stuff right now. He sorely needs a website (hint, hint!) ;)

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Quick bump. Before anyone says do a search, I did already. I came up with Fusick's, USA Parts Supply, and Classic Fabrication. I only saw floors and inner and outter rockers so far in the sheetmetal dept, is there anything else available besides that?

4. The engine will be pretty easy to find overhaul parts for. You should be able to capture bits for the tranny also. No need to ge to a specialty house for either. Vaphead on here can probably hook you up with pretty much all your mechanical parts or at least he'll know where you need to go for em.

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hah, you're lucky that stuff is available, wasn't when I built my Olds!!!!
    I did manage to use some Chevy parts and adapt them to fit the Olds, like front lower quarters.
    I wouldn't hesitate to get the Olds, you can get parts for them pretty easily.