Register now to get rid of these ads!

Olds 324 engine parts(?) value.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by el_bole, Jul 16, 2013.

1. el_bole

el_bole

I was digging around in Garage and found a box of engine parts that my dad must of ordered back in the day to rebuild the 324 in the 1955 Oldsmobile that I now own.

I want to know what this whole thing could go for $ wise. I think it would be a good idea to hold onto to them but the motor only has about 100 miles since rebuild.....So I am asking out of curiosity....If I mislabeled anything please let me know, I probably did lol.

The red boxes have two valves each, the big blue box(to left of stacked red boxes) also has valves in them. Theres a timing chain and two "sprockets". Also two boxes of GM lifters(maybe wrong word for part, on top of white/green boxes) and some rods....& 2 Oil seals. I found a receipt inside one box that stated a certain amount of parts costed $198(back in '78).....Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry the Smirnoff box is empty LOL....

Thanks
    el_bole

Attached Files:

2. F&J

F&J

200 to the right person, my best guess....if it is all new parts, and not a few used ones put back into some of the boxes.

3. el_bole

el_bole

Hey thanks for information. Already got a PM requesting some parts...
    Have a good one..

el_bole

4. Go on eBay and see what people want for those items, or what they've sold for.

Price buying the same things now from Kanter or another outfit.

NOS GM generally is better than what you can get now.