Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. thebearded1

thebearded1

Started as gofer in small body shop Van Nuys Calif. Best body man in town stayed after hours watched &helped do custom work 1948.Went to work for chuck jackson best painter in town.Tought me how to spray lacquer& enamel no orangepeal, also how to match colors using already packaged ford chev. chry.etc. colors. Owner woul'nt buy toners.Togather went to new Dodge Dealership1951 we worked there untel1954 when Buick Dealership wanted us.After about 3 mo,the body shop at pontiac needed apainter so I was working for both dealerships as needed. Went on to be head painter as better oppertunities arose.Started. my own businesshere in Tulsa Ok in1966 doing collision & custom work. approx. 1971 built my big shop. noteable vehicles i have done personally,Don Grother Sox&martin,Herb McCandles, Chrysler Factory Raceing Team. Norman Pharah. Charley Castello. All pro Stocks, Danny Davis McClintock&Creech AA Fuel Dragsters.Many other race cars Vickie Farr Pro Stock drag Bike For myself 1965 Mustang Looked like funney car. 1950 Ford Radical Custom Chopped Sectioned Channeled,1948Buick Chopped Fastback.Now Building 1941Buick Club Coupe. Inducted Feb2012 National Rod&custom Hall of Fame Nominated K.K.O.A. Hall of Fame July 2013. Dick Huckans DBA The Bearded I Customs

2. Welcome from So Cal. Sounds like you've got a lot of experience under your belt.
    How about posting some pics of your work.

3. 1950coronet

1950coronet
    from fontana ca

welcome from so cal

4. Welcome from the coast of SC Hell lets see some of that work.

5. Welcome from CT!

6. Welcome from Central California. home of George Lucas.

7. welcome to the board ....