Register now to get rid of these ads!

Older Radio Wire up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, Apr 14, 2009.

1. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

I need some help in wiring an older GM AM/FM radio into my old Ford....It is a GM-1400 with dials and two FM buttons with part number #16014950....It is pretty small ...Problem; Has "10" wires in one wrap and "7" in another wrap of wires....and the wires have Plug-ins. I went to a couple of old salvage yards here and tried to find a matching plug....Both yards had kazillians of radios but NONE with any way to wire them up either. It looks "old time" and I really would like to put it in my builder....I hope some of you guys can help me figure this thing out....THX, Cj.

2. Take everything to radio shack and they should be able to tell you which is the power lead and which harness is for speakers. Once you know the hot wire hook it to a batt charger then ground the chassis through the antenna and hook up speakers by trial and error. I've done this several times when I did'nt have the harness. Having the harness is a big plus for install and removal. Good luck

3. Some of the GM radios say right on them what the wires are. Beyond that look for a manual of some sort -

4. K10

K10

Looks like '81-'84 B-P-O cars. Happy hunting.