Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Run a wire from the headlight to the the horn. Even funnier if your riding in the passenger seat at dusk..........

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. In the mid seventies, I was working at a oil field in Bolivia. There was only one drilling rig running and the tool pusher was an Aussie and the rig mechanic was a Kiwi. They were constantly pranking each other's pick up. A couple of memorable ones: Kiwi takes the screws out of the hinge of the drivers door and puts the door back on. When the Aussie opened the door and it fell off, the look on his face was priceless. As a reprisal, he took the seat out of the Kiwi's pickup and hid it in the jungle. The mechanic drove around seating on an apple crate for the next week. Everyone wore rubber boots because of all the mud. Normally, you would set your boots outside your trailer door at night cause the mud was stuck to them. Big mistake when the tool pusher did. The mechanic filled the bottom of boots with water and stuck them in the freezer over night. When the tool pusher tried to balance on one foot while pulling on the first one in the morning, he lost his balance and fell backward in the mud to the thunderous appause of the Bolivia rig crew that just happened to be gathered arround and looking on when he came out of his room. Those 2 guys made sure there was never a dull moment.

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man, some of these are brilliant! Remind me not to piss off any of you guys.:eek:

I did this one to a buddy of mine who thought he knew everything about everything. (there's one in every crowd). He was one of those guys that would warm up his truck for 15 minutes if it was 90 degrees outside. One night while drinking beers in his driveway, he took a pause for the cause and went inside the house for a few minutes. That's when I planted my 'device' that I'd made that day and stashed in my car. I took a regular plastic ziploc bag and filled it with tranny fluid, a few bolts, nuts, some old broken piston rings, needle bearings, pieces of crappy gasket material that I'd scraped off of some old valve covers...just miscellaneous junk. I taped the bag to the top of his header collector with electrical tape. When he came back out, I told him we were almost out of beer and "I'll buy if you fly". He agrees and starts his truck to let it warm up. After a few minutes of running, the tape and bag started to melt, causing one hell of a stink. Eventually, the bag melted through, dumping tranny fluid and small parts all over his exhaust and driveway. Smoke rolled off the header and stunk up the whole neighborhood. He looked under there and saw that mess on his driveway and just about gave birth right there. I think he filled his BVDs. He thought his transmission had just gone down for the count! The rest of us couldn't keep a straight face. I laughed so hard that I fell on the ground in the fetal position and blew snot bubbles for about 10 minutes. After we 'fessed up, I made good on my word and bought the beer.:D

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I left my Beret in the Regimental Aid Post (RAP) one day, we used a room in a Navy medical facility for our RAP. Couldn't find my beret the next day, that is until I found it frozen in an ice cream container in the mess!!
    Revenge was severe and a lot of fun, I had a few CS gas shot gun shells left (Hey we SF guys get the fun stuff) we cut them open and sprinkled the christal's in the air con vents of the offenders cars. When they turn on the air con, instant cloud of tear gas!!

Doc.

5. badger

badger

My all time favorites are to replace somebody's coil wire with a piece of like-colored rubber hose and take something conductive like a washer, nail or wad up a piece of tin foil and place it under the horn button so whenever they turn the wheel the horn goes off.

6. Sincity57

Sincity57
    from Austin

That is some funny shit!

7. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

A shop tip I was taught -- whenever you are going to measure something with a tape measure and want to avoid the end of the tape measure for accuracy, never start at the one-inch mark. Start at the 10 inch mark instead. It's very easy to make the mental error of forgetting to subtract one inch, and if you do you won't pick up on your mistake until the very end. 10 inches is just as easy to mentally subtract, and a 10 inch error is much more likely to "feel wrong" halfway through whatever you are doing than a one inch error, so you're much more likely to notice it earlier.

I'm sure glad I never pissed any of you guys off!

8. BOHICA

BOHICA

That's so funny I forgot to laugh. :rolleyes:

9. Sorry, I got a ton of these the more I think about it. I'm a vengeful bastard. I had a total asshole coworker that thought he was hot shit in his new Grand National. He left the window open halfway one day since it was boiling hot, so me and another coworker used the opportunity to chuck a pretty large live hornet nest into the car.

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget to chuck some aluminum shavings and broken bits in the oil drain pan while your buddy is changing oil, when he pours out the oil he will freak when he finds all " the broken stuff out of his motor" :D

11. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

I just remembered one,when I was a tranny man at a dealership.The dispatcher asked if I would service the trans on his truck,he wanted to be sure everything was ok inside.I said I would and he went back to his office and I pulled the pan and went straight to the brake lathe and loaded the pan with brake fileings and threw in some broken thrust washers and a bunch of u-joint needle bearings etc.I was putting the pan up on the trans when he came around the corner and said what did you find and I said I was just lowering the pan right now and we can see together.I never saw eyes that big when he said WTF happened?I with a very sad look on my face was pouring the excess oil into a bucket.He was panicing,red faced,and just fumbling for words,me I'm just as sad as I could be.He WTF is that?I said it looked like a couple cigerette filters.WTF is that on the bottom?I pulled it out and wiped it off and said Oh my Gawd! it's a old lottery ticket.He was totally pissed and I sadly said man that really sucks.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

12. Here's one that's so darn border-line-illegal that I'm a little afraid to post it!

(I guess (hope) the 'statue of limitations' is up by now....he he. It's only been 48-years ago!)

A friend of mine's older brother who was in college, happened to own a black 1950 Ford Woodie Station Wagon that was IDENTICAL to one owned by our high school art teacher, (Mr Cassagranda -who was actually a pretty nice guy by the way), but we just couldn't resist the 'opportunity'.

We copied down the licence plate number of the art teachers car and made a couple of very good fake plates out of poster board and model airplane paint. We put the 'replica" licence plates on my friend's brothers car.

I was the little'est of all my friends at the time, so they had me stand in line waiting to buy a ticket for the Saturday movie matinee at a large movie theatre not too far from the art teacher's house. The long line extended halfway around the block.

I was standing in line along with a couple hundred other people when my friends came squealing around the corner and yelled, "There he is! Get him!!" They slamed on the brakes and four of them jumped out of the woodie and threw a gunney sack over my head and put a rope around me and acted like they were beating the crap out of me. They threw me in the back of the station wagon and proceeded to 'beat me up' as they laid rubber and drove off. All of this with the art teacher's 'licence plates' on the car and several hundred 'witnesses'!

We switched cars and drove quietly by the art teachers house about a half hour later where his black woodie wagon was parked out front at the curb along with two police cruisers and a couple of cops standing at his front door talking to him!

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget about putting white grease on that rag to you hand someone to wipe their glasses.

14. New Old Fart

New Old Fart

Had a real ass that worked in the shop next door, always playing jokes on people. Only problem was he just hated it when the joke was on him.
    Back in the 80's the high was below 10 deg for over a week. I took a spray bottle and misted water over his door handles and around the door jambs every 15 to 20 min all day long. When he got off at 5 and tried to get in his car he couldn't.
    We all left in our own rigs and never let on that anything was wrong. He ended up calling his wife to pick him up. So that night we kept coming back a throwing buckets of water on his car all night long. There was about 10 of us involved that night . What a frozen mess it was when he got there in the morning. Ice everywhere.
    Took over a week for it warm up enough to thaw.
    He never found out who really did it to him but his practical jokes stopped.

15. Black lithium grease on the earpiece of the phone receiver is also a tried & true prank around the office!

(Works best on black telephones!!!....) ;o)

16. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

When the old inspector we used to have at work would come inspect parts before yellow tagging, I would always grease everything!! torque wrench handle extra grease on parts,all kinds of stuff. and it was that duralith, you can't get that stink off your hands. one time he got me back,he greased every single tool i had in my dam cabinet. every one!! small dry rotted airplane tubes make great bombs . put one in a metal trash barrel ,use a clip on chuck, plug in the air and wait. we have a broken off air line in the ground behind the back door,with a valve inside, no telling how many times we've gotten people with air blasting up out of the ground. one time the gas man was out there, cracked that valve open just enough to hiss, he was going nuts looking for the leak, were chickens out there at one point, they always liked to roost in the hole where the pipe was. nothing funnier then blasting a chicken out of it's roost with 110 psi. Chickens can fly!!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  17. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

One time some "guys I know" went to this party out in the country. There was a group of hot girls there who were all underage. There where 6 of them, all drinking. After a while they hopped in there car to go to another party. A minute or 2 later these "guys I know" hopped in one of their Camaros and caught up with them pretty quick. The guy who owned the car had some Wig-Wags (flashing lights) on his dash. "They" came up on the girls real fast and flipped the lights on. "They" pulled up behind them, stopped, then pulled to the side of them, rolled down the window, laughed and drove away. Those girls got pretty mad and really scared but they laughed it off at the next party.

There was this kid in high school who no one liked. A friend of ours got conned into staying over at this dumb kids house one saturday night. Me and my buddies got ice cream one night. After driving around we saw the dumb kids truck parked outside his house. We thought it would be funny to shit in the empty ice cream cup and put it on his car. Now it got even better when monday morning rolled around and we heard the reaction. Apparently the dumb kid just got his liscence. His dad told him he couldn't go out that saturday night. Well the dad saw the "chocolate ice cream" on the truck, brought it in the house and yelled at the kid for going out. He got grounded for 2 weeks or something. haha

18. Some of this stuff is distructive. Uncool, in my book.

But, here's a prank that's pretty benign, but will cause crazyness. Day one, put a small piece of Scotch tape over the earpiece on your intended victims phone. Day two, after making everyone else keep quiet, so he can try to hear, you take the tape off and put a piece over the mouthpiece. Now, he has to shout to be heard. Repeat as necessary. This doesn't screw up anyone's property. I believe the right response to some of these suggestions would be a severe beating down of the prankster.

19. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

We used to get one of those air horns for football games and such. Place it under the driver's seat of the car with an old pushrod, or piece of round steel between the top trigger button and the foam of the seat. When the driver jumps in the horn blasts. Makes for a good laugh.

When I worked at a Ford Dealership right out of high school, we used to go under a vehicle that was on the lift and beat the undercarriage with a hammer or wrench right when the other tech started it up. It always worked well when the motor or something major was just replaced.

And when I worked at a fast lube oil change place, the guy in the pit would always grease the top of the boots worn by the guy working under the hood.

Also, toothpaste under the door handles. Windshield washer hose aimed at the exhaust manifold. Put a hose clamp loosely over the exhaust pipe so it will rattle. And the ol zip ties on the driveshaft trick.

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I almost pulled a good prank on my Father once... Almost got away with it.

I used to go to the police impound auctions to look for something to tinker with, or that I could part out for a quick buck. Not that long ago, you could still buy a complete car for $20 sometimes.

At the time, my dad was daily driving a Lincoln 2 door [mark something]. It was about 10 years old so it was starting to develop a few problems. Tranny was weak, leather seats had some loose seams and such, but still a nice car. My dad really enjoyed it because it was comfey and powerfull, so he wasn't quite ready to get rid of it, and he had told me if I ever saw a Mark like his come thru the auction to go ahead and get it.

Well, the day finally came. A really nice one that had been involved in a head-on came up on the block. The interior was exceptionally nice, and it still ran and drove. I was high bidder and bought it for $175.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of telling my wife [now my EX-wife... thank you very much!] about it. The old battle axe couldn't keep her mouth shut or her nose out of other peoples business if her life depended on it, so naturally, she calls my Dad.

I showed up with the wrecked Lincoln in the back of my box truck, went inside and asked my dad if I could use his car to go to the gas station. My plan was to park it around the corner, then drive the new one out of my truck, and freak him out by saying someone had hit me.

It worked for the first two seconds, but 'old Dad was smart enough to figure out I was pulling his leg :D

21. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

When I worked at NAPA there was a guy, a pretty good parts guy, but kind of a ditz. It was myself and another gal on closing shift when the mechanic down the street calls up. Being silly, he somehow came up with "shmaffle valve." We decided that he would call the next day, ask for Nate, and proceed to inquire about the shmaffle. Boy was it hard to keep a straight face when I walked in the next day and overheard him mumbling, poring over catalogues. My co-workers said he'd been at it about 2 hours.The mechanic also told him that it was available only on an '06 Saab, and that it connected to the exhaust, intake, and air conditioning. Meanwhile, the mechanic calls the Saab dealer and fills them in on the prank. So when Nate calls the dealer, they have a part number, cost and availability for him. While he is on the phone, the mechanic walks in to our store. The parts guy at the dealer is inquiring as to whether the fitting is square or round. Nate asks the mech if it's square or round, and the mech replies "it's octagonal." It was about this time that we all completely fell apart. I thought I was going to pee my pants. Haha, shmaffle.

22. Greasy1

Greasy1

I worked at Discount Tire a while ago... My boss dropped his truck off in the parking lot and went to the dentist across the street. While he was gone we took the rear tire off his s-10, broke the bottom bead and filled the tire with as much water as we could. He came back about an hour later not able to talk and drugged up. Left in the truck it shook so bad he could barely keep it on the road !!!

23. Greasy1

Greasy1

How bout' the ol' can of biscuits in the heater vent during winter??? thats a pretty impressive explosion out the vent !!!

24. The one I still pull today, works best to the snobby ass Scottsdale folk. While driving down the freeway you notice someone weaving in and out of traffic you pull up next to them and tell them that they have a flat tire. They pull over to check and by the time they figure you were jacking with them you are miles down the road

25. dmp62

dmp62
    from mn

Many years ago and just after high school I had a place in the country that became car central for many of my friends.

I come home one afternoon and one of my buddies cars is parked in front of one of the out buildings as many of our cars are parked "out back". I'm walking past the out buildings to see what he's up to and see he's at the far end of the acreage with his backside toward me leaning over the front fender of a car.

Now I have to tell you this guy is crap his pants petrified of snakes, any snake...big tough guy but petrified of snakes.

So as I'm walking toward the far end of the acreage I pick up a broken fan belt lying on the ground thinking nothing of it until I start flipping it around when I get an idea, I toss the belt in the air and scream SNAKE!!!, he turns around and see's the "snake" flip flopping through the air coming down right toward him, he tries to back up but he's against the fender and can't, he's shaking as the "snake" hits his shitless chest and falls at his feet, he looks down and still shaking screams, I....I...I'm go....go.. going to f'in ki...kill you, but he couldn't move just yet, which was good for me 'cause I think he would have about then.

Amazing how much like the real thing that belt looked like flip flopping through the air.

26. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

hooking a wire to the brake pedal so everytime you stepped on it the horn blew

27. zzford

zzford

I worked with a guy that always backed his truck in whenever he parked it. I went to a sign shop and had a bumper sticker made up that said "GAY AND PROUD". The next day, I applied it to his rear bumper. He didn't see it as he walked around the front of his truck. After he left work, he always headed to a local bar, where he once again backed in to the parking place. All his friends in the bar were acting very strange toward him and he couldn't figure out why. He happened to look out the front window and saw his new bumper sticker, he was not amused. Other bumper stickers that I have had made are "Legalize Beastiality Now!", "PULL ME OVER IF YOU THINK YOU CAN KICK MY ASS!". Save the last one for your worst enemy.

28. Ontario55

Ontario55

A friend of mine had just purchased a new truck
    I managed to get underneath and put about 10" of wheel weights on the inside of each of the front tires
    He had a hell of a time going over 25mph
    Pissed in a guys rad one night , when he turned the heater on it stunk so I heard
    I raised German Shepherds and usually cleaned their runs out and chucked the doo into the field
    Knowing we were having friends down one night I saved some dog doo in a Ziploc bag
    It was about 0* so everything was rock hard
    Made an excuse about 11 midnight to go out and check on the dogs
    Put the Ziploc under the front seat of the truck
    They leave around 1am
    They park outside their home
    Next day they go to the city shopping , approx 45 miles away
    Still cold weather , crank the heater up , inside of the pick up gets nice and toasty worm and guess what starts to melt
    She looks at him like "did you "
    He looks at her like , "OMG did you "
    They always lock their vehicles wherever they are now

29. skidsteer

skidsteer

Dunno if it qualifies as a prank, but a friend back then was missing the cigarette lighter in his '55 Chevy, so he and a friend went 'shopping' in a used car lot for another '55. While his friend kept the salesman occupied, he 'found' what he was looking for .........

30. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

Volunteering at the local auto museum a few years ago for a wedding reception. One of our lady guests goes to leave and comes back and says she's blocked in by a truck. I take the "Go-jacks" that we use for moving cars around in the museum and recruit a few guys to move the truck. We jacked the pickup up and pushed it sideways into a parking spot next to a building where it would be extremely difficult to get out. Wish I was there whem the guy came back to get his truck, he must have been baffled as hell how it got there.