Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old style wheelie bars for the organgrinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ORGANGRINDER, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Does anyone have a diagram or a good picture so I can build a set of wheelie bars like on some of the old stuff? The ones with the big rubber tires on them. Every now and then I see a pic of them and think they'd look pretty cool on the coupe. Any help is sure appreciated.

2. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

wow..can't believe no help yet.....

3. May not be what you are looking for but they were built in the mid 60's.

[​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

4. Hell, we don't want ya to have em!!;) The Grinder not pullin the front end at the Drags! What's this world coming too?

5. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

From the looks of your avatar pic you NEED them!!!! :eek:

I saw these old school style generic wheelie bars on a few gassers at the Gasser Reunion @ Thompson Drag Strip.

It appears that these ones were made from "trailer hitches"..... I have seen others LIKE these which were made using different materials.

I doubt these would work as good as the more "modern versions" used today but you have to admit these have a certain "backyard old school look" to them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

7. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Ha ha I agree but these guys are gettin serious about the yay-hoo cup and I'm not gonna put my blower on the organgrinder, wanna stay all natural(if you can use that word on my car..lol). I've got to be losing some time throwing it up in the air so I thought I'd see what would happen if I keep it down just 1 run. Besides with these new axles I just got I may get stupid and leave with some rpm's and just see what happens.