Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Records " Sounds of the Strip "

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by budssuperpro, Dec 6, 2009.

1. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

Does anyone Remember a record either 33 or 78 that was the
    "Sounds of the strip" back in the late 50 or early 60 I had one that got broken when we moved, I think I bough it at Wallic Music City in lakewood,ca

2. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

I think I have it on MP3. Pm me if interested.

3. yupe i have my dads copy of that now. it's a 78 and has lots of cool pictures on it, but putting that in the player droping the needle and crankin it sure is a blast

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

was that the title or was it ain't it hard,sounds of the strip??

5. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

yup it sure was for me too. I would set for hours and lisen to the thing crank up .

6. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

I seem to remember it was just called Sounds of the strip but I could be wrong. not sure anymore that was almost 60 years ago.

7. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

How about, Big sounds of the drags.

8. I had the "Sounds of the Drags" recorded at the 1964 Nationals and I believe there were a few more years on 33 1/3 LP's

And yes... they are on mp3's as well as other audio sites.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  9. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I have a couple on 33 - "Sounds of the Drags" and "Dig Out". The art work alone was worth the pittance I had to give for them. I'd love to get them on MP3. I think the family thinks I'm off my rocker when I listen to 'em!!!

10. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

no I thin it was Sounds of the Strip although it could have been part 1 or 2 or something like that, I think it was recorded at Lions or San fernando, ca

11. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

I remember I would set one Speaker on one side of the room and the other in the Hallway and it would sound like the Dragster was comming right thru the house. lol

12. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

I have one that is Stock Car Racing and Demolition Derby, which was recorded at Islip Speedway (local track bulldozed in 1983), in 1964.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  13. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

I would like to fine a repop of the records and make a wall plaque with them to hang up there with my car club plaque.

14. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

I wish I still had half of the stuff I had over the years, like my Trophys I had won at lions and car club trophys, what that you say ?? yes my wife had a garage sale 25 years ago and sold them for 5 bucks a box full and when I ask why she said the Wheels were broken off and they colected dust and so . so I digress.

15. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

[​IMG]

OMG...I had this when I was a kid (probably a garage sale find by my mom). Wore the thing out (very early 70's, I was probably 8). Used to love to listen to it, I would set the speakers as far apart as the wires would let them and let that stereo sound roar from one to the other.
    SWEEEEETTTT!!!!!!:D:D:D
    Louie

16. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Way Cool -now I need THAT one too!

17. Here's a couple I have that I got back in the 60's.The Sounds of Sanford cover is long gone.

Attached Files:

18. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

There is no cooler sound than that. for sure

19. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

That one on the left looks like Tom Mcquinn or perdone car.

20. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

I had it too !!!

21. Dog427435

Dog427435

Some other cool albums!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. I used to go over to the library and borrow that on a regular basis. Maybe I should have borrowed some books too. I might not be stuck on midnights.

23. Dog427435

Dog427435

24. you can just make out my copy hanging on the back wall right above the corner of the truck

[​IMG]

25. fleetside66

fleetside66

I had Big Sounds of the Drags & I put it with a couple other albums on the back seat floor of my Corvair Spyder in the winter & my heater warped the things. There were two little hot air vents on the floor in the back. Duh!! Stupid kids!

26. I have 'The GO GO sounds of GO karts'......hahahaha it isnt that good hahahhahaha

27. Anybody have a copy of these records as an Mp3?

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

My home away from home....

[​IMG]

still in the original shrink wrap...bought it about ten years ago.
    The one I had as a kid is worn, but good....

[​IMG]

29. The_Monster

The_Monster

Our dad had Big Sounds of the drags when it came out. He and his brother grabbed their moms house speakers and "borrowed" a LOT of lamp cord to use as speaker wire and strung it out in there back yard. He said he and his brother would sit in the middle of the yard and drink cokes and listen to the drags in the summer!!

My dad gave us the record and my brother Recorded it from his fancy record player to mp3! I sure would like to hear other records like it!

30. Muttley

Muttley

If anyone with these old records is interested in converting them to digital look here.