Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old NAPA or Echlin part numbers???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fox Valley Hot Rods, Jul 20, 2009.

1. I recently came across a large assorment of Echlin carb rebuild kits. They have the NAPA logo on them and are in perfect condition. Is there a website that might be of use to me to research the part numbers so I know what the heck these things fit? LOL

Matt

2. Hey there... I worked at NAPA for about 12 years, so I may be able to shed some light. There is no reference on their current website.

You can however go down to the local NAPA store. Make sure you talk to one of the old timers or their outside sales guy if there are any available. The new kids will just stare at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears.

There are three guides you can use but I would suggest the "unit parts guide". Most likely the outside sales guy will give you the catalogs if they have any or can order you a set using the "weatherly" number.

#1, the echlin "CRB" unit parts guide will give you the info on what carbs these kits fit. This will be the best way to cross reference the numbers.
    But, make sure you're clear about the getting the carburetor guide and not the one for electrical parts.

#2, you can also use the actual application catalog but it's time consuming.

#3, is the illustration guide. there again, it's not as fast as looking them up in the unit parts guide but it does list all the vehicles the kits fit.

If you don't have any luck, PM me and I will call over to my old store and see if I can get them for you.

Hope this helps

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I used to visit the NAPA dumpster weekly and scavenge the old catalogs as replacements arrived...

4. George G

George G

Who said bin diving is a bad thing.....

5. now thats thinkin with your dipstick jimmy!:d

older catalogs are gettin harder to find all the time

yer right tho
    as mentioned above the outside sales staff will have the older cross references to set up new clients also going toolder napa service shops may help ya score old books
    i treat my 25 year old books pretty well .. And being a old time parts man (pre computer)
    i know how to flex thier muscle .. Just not very often.
    Good luck

6. Scramboleer

Scramboleer

I have two "new" old Napa part kits that my four calls to various Napa stores and Napa online have been unable to tell me which cars they go into:

1. Return spring axle kit (Napa 80309)
    2. Hold down kit - axle set (Napa 80428)

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.