Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old lost 1932 Ford 5W hotrod found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, May 25, 2012.

1. No, it had disc on it, but the owner had saved the plated backing plates and drums that were on it at some point.

2. I got this nice PM this morning from someone:

"Not sure if I should say this, and I know its none of my business, "Its his car" yada, yada, yada, ect. All that being said, taking the fenders off, swapping to an unchopped grill shell, and adding guides has taken a really nice little piece of NW hot rod history that would have stopped me dead in my tracks and made it into just another modern day 1-800 "nostalgia" car. He has pretty much destroyed the essence and character of that car. Its still a nice car, but man, it makes me want to have a good cry."

Some of you guys gotta remember, until 2 weeks ago he had no idea what this car's history was or what it ever looked like. It is just ironic that the way he changed this car over the past year is so similar to how it was. I do not have any pics of it when he got it, but all I can say is this car has come a LOOOOONG ways from what it was being turned into. It's not like he took a period perfect survivor and changed it, he took a car that was very awkward in terms of many different changes in many different eras and put it back to what he thought was best.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  3. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I absolutely agree.

4. Spike!

Spike!

I dig it! Sure the changes he made are different, but not a bad guess considering he had no previous knowelege of the car's past lives! I kinda like the rear fenders, but I'm from the East Coast so i'm used to seeing them on the history cars we have here. The Olds ehgine looks right at home for sure. Nice job!

Spike

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I love the story of how coincedence returned it to so close to what it was,
    true testimony to in iconic style that has become a timeless standard

well done
    and the choice of Olds or flathead was a no brainer :)

6. F&J

F&J

Just to do some damage control on such a great car and thread... I rec'd the same pm earlier today. He had apparently just missed some important paragraph somehow.

Here is what i pm'd back:

Later, he wrote back and said that he reread it, and he now knows he got it all wrong.

Just a human error.

7. sololobo

sololobo

Yummy! ~sololobo~

8. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

9. Lil32

Lil32

Which ever way you look at it , a 5w has been saved.

10. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Post those early ones on the 50's hot rods thread also.

11. Here's some pics Adam had of the car when he got it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yikes.. :eek: Good save.

13. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

You guys did good. Not all old hot rods have to go back to exactly how they were, Norwell's 32 pick up was an old hot rod and I doubt anybody would say he ruined it with what he did with it.

14. Yeah... They weren't doing it any favors

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I certainly like it more now but I must be crazy because I don't think it's all that bad here...
    [​IMG]

Looks like a 70's style hot rod and one that would have been pretty damn cool back in the day. Besides the disk brakes, it registers in my brain is not too shabby.

16. Your a sick, sick man

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know....I know. Somehow the 70's hot rods don't bother me because I think that's what my father would have seen and be exposed to since he graduated in 1970. I look at those cars and say "sure they might be lil' goofy but at the time I bet they were cool". So I have a little soft spot for cars in the late 60's and early 70's. Not all guys were as cool as Big Daddy Dave Swenson ya know :D

18. my kinda guy, paul!!!

killer car i love it! more!!!!!

19. JimSibley

JimSibley

I like it. I liked it all 70s style too though.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

I know this is a 2 year old thread ! But Adam is a friend of mine and I got a chance to climb around this car and others he has built. It is also in the Spokane Hot Rodding book. Looking forward to to checking out his other projects after the Portland Swap meet and picking up a few parts from him.

Stogy likes this.