Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old guys first crush

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dreracecar, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Flags should be flown at half mast. A day of mourning for boomer guys.:(

2. One of my favorite pictures of one of my first loves.....

Attached Files:

3. 296ardun

296ardun

Watched all those beach movies in the Navy, we all had crushes on her, she was sexy without being slutty (not that there is anything wrong with being slutty!!)

But she had class that out-classed the other beach movie people, by far...RIP

4. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

She has been in the grip of a terrible disease for a long time. Now she is free from it. RIP cutie

5. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

6. Yup, she and all those silly movies confirmed for me as a kid that my interest in hot rods and dragsters would take me places I wanted to go. RIP, we'll miss you.

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

She sure was a sweetie.

[​IMG]

8. Yes.

9. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

10. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

"A bomb fears,
    Annette had ears,
    I lusted in my heart."

John Fogerty.

RIP Annette.

11. Pure class lady. She brought joy to so many countless people. R.I.P.

12. lizzard71

lizzard71
    from Phoenix AZ

+1 for flags at half mast. She was a symbol of a proud time in America, that will never exist anywhere, ever again.
    Rest in Peace, Annette.

13. glad she isn't sufferen no more....class act she was.....Frankie never had a clue....

14. Hey Kid. When we get there we'll meet you at the beach.

15. wtrueman

wtrueman

We have all said the same thing but in different words: She was CLEAN! She was the kinda girl you wanted to take home to Mom. I was in love with her through my black and white TV. As others have said RIP; you are in a better place. Wayne.

16. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

A pretty LADY inside and out.

You were never forgotten as this thread shows. SO many people thought so highly of you.

Rest in Peace Annette.

17. The term "Beautiful Woman" personified, ....... even as a young lady.

I pray she has found eternal peace & happiness.

Thank you Annette, ..... and Godspeed.

18. Deuces

Deuces

She died on my birthday.... Sad...:(
    Rest in Peace little lady...:(

19. What a different time it was. I watched the show after school almost every day. The innocence of those times is amazing and refreshing. Its too bad kids today will never know what it was like back then. RIP Annette, may you live on in our hearts forever.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RSeS8Yp0eis?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m6NatiMGTH4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Singer and composer Paul Anka, the one-time teen idol who briefly dated Funicello when they were on the concert circuit in the late 1950s, said that like seemingly every young American male of the time, he was in love with her.

"She was just the girl next door and they were drawn just to her," Anka said. "She had that thing. She had the it, and there was just no stopping it."

They eventually drifted apart, but during the time they were together, he said, Disney tried to end their relationship, resulting in one of Anka's biggest hits, "Puppy Love."

"The Disney crowd, and understandably so, didn't want her too involved at too young an age," Anka told the AP. "We had our professional careers and what have you, and they continued to tell her it was a puppy love, and marriage should not be in question. And I wrote about it."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RR89JVJqBYg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Annette performing with the Beach Boys

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oRTlfFlJ4o8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. She was special...

Attached Files:

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

R.I.P.....I wish they could find a cure for all these auto immune diseases

22. Annette was heaven and thats where she will be . Sometimes mercy comes in other forms . Hope her family finds comfort and a way through the loss of such a great lady.

23. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Forever we will hold our banner high...

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Like most of you guys, she was my first crush. As a 12 year old kid I would watch the show every day just to get a glimpse of her.

Some of you used a very appropriate term for Annette, and it was "class". She had class in spades and was a lady. So many of today's Starlets could take a lesson from her in that regard.

Going to miss you Annette. Rest in Peace.

Don

25. slammed

slammed

She suffered a for a long time.

26. I read some on Barnstormer and Showboat.Holy Smokes! You, Annette and Tommy are all cool in my book.These vehicles will be around a very long time.

27. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

Just curious.....

Did Watson paint that T-bird?

28. A class act. r.i.p.

29. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pure class lady, best there ever was in my book.

Now it's time to say goodbye
    To all our company

M-I-C, See you real soon
    K-E-Y, Why? Because we like you
    M-O-U-S-E

30. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Ebbspeed, you summed it all up for many of us, God bless you, Annette!