Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Guy Outro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, "rat rodding" is mainstream. Has been for the past four years... I've never built a rat rod, so that's not really my thing nor is it the HAMB's thing.

Look, we are big - there is no doubt about that. We get more traffic per day than most magazines sell units - they can't compete with our tech or our coverage. Does that make us suck? Look at the friggin' main index - where are all these OT posts you guys speak of? I just don't see them. I see bitching for bitchings sake... I've worked my ass off to ensure this place is commercial free and as ON TOPIC as possible. I get real annoyed when people bitch without trying to do their part to help (not saying Sam doesn't).

If you guys see REAL problems, I'm all ears man. Email me.

Jim, I've tried with you too many times. I don't really care anymore. Whatever holmes... I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for somewhere else.

2. i have to jump in this. I think this whole thread sucks Jim I consider you to be a decent guy.this post is not your banner moment.Everyone that posted support for Jim I commend you .everyone has there personal defects of characture and feeling part of your social group is crucial for us as humans. kicking a guy when he is at a emotional bottom is the worst display i can think of. its discusting!!! I hope to see you back and you are always welcome at my garage Jim

3. Germ

Germ

[ QUOTE ]
    Jim....fuck em.....gettin to be a bunch of wannabe posers on the board....Maybe you need some bad tattoos and a fat greasy girlfriend to help push a pos four door reliant to the bar...they you would be OK!!!!...fuck em...I like your style..hatch

[/ QUOTE ]

Hatch my buddy
    Dont forget the fucking VINTAGE blender and the VINTAGE stove,,, and paint the KITCHEN YELLOW it's the "SKINNY" color when the BLINDS are cracked for the 6:eek:o am sunrise...

wheres Grimlocks modified, Now thats a neat "HOT ROD"(tm),....

Back to the regular schedule of "CAR CLUB talk and HANGING with the BOYS at the TAT convention
    but first a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.....

JOHN KERRY is a PGA golf PRO and his SIDEKICK looks like some HOMO from a 80's COP SHOW like "HUNTER"
    oh and his LOUD MOUTH WIFE.....
    She's the frugal MARTHA STEWART of NATIVE TONGUE,,,,

Jim A why even ARGUE,,,
    is OLD SKOOL RODZ really even JOURNALISM?
    let alone the WAY HOT RODDING is or was???

KEEP THE FARM TRUCKS coming fella's...
    the rust is PERIOD CORRECT........

SACTO SUCKS

4. hankcash

hankcash

When I leave this place.... I'm not gonna do a post about leaving, I'll just be gone...
    HC

5. Germ

Germ

I been skating alot, and building art sculpture projects, working on the movie and hitting it up in boxing with the bag and the mirror.

even if I killed myself or overdosed on heroin I would miss the HAMB.......

I only check in, but I love when you FAGS get so reved up...

HAHAHAHA

DESERT EAGLES
    fly with NO wings

6. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought you were gone? [​IMG]
    Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks buddy- now even my friends gotta kick me in the teeth. How can I miss that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean to kick you in the teeth... just trying to bust a joke to break all this seriousness up.

You know, like when you were kids and your buddy crashed his BMX bike on a big jump... he's laying in the hospital and someone says "well, at least your bike is ok." [​IMG]

True story.
    Sam.

7. [ QUOTE ]
    When I leave this place.... I'm not gonna do a post about leaving, I'll just be gone...
    HC

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope it isnt soon....your pics and humor are a staple of this place.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too...

9. Hey Ryan isnt it about KC SPEED AND POWER time?I find This subject boring....... [​IMG]

10. Germ

Germ

TESCO VEE and the HATE POLICE..

thats a car club

11. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

[ QUOTE ]
    I been skating alot, and building art sculpture projects,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see some “GERM” sculpture.

12. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Why would you have to make a big fucking fuss about leaving an Internet message board in the first place?? Good posts get drowned in shit like this, who really cares....I visit the HAMB daily, get ideas/inspiration and a laugh, but this shit isnt needed. If you wanna 'leave', you can do it without making a bitch fight. Im hopefully starting my model A RPU hiboy next year, and I hope i can get some tech, and hope i dont have to read pure horse shit like this.
    But then again, im just a stupid kid, What do i know [​IMG]
    Heres somethin to make this post a little more on topic
    [​IMG]

13. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I have to wonder how this would all play out in the battleground of face to face reality. It is easy to nitpick and badmouth from behind a keyboard and we do have a few keyboard bad asses. I hate to see dissent and I respect Ryan for his M.O.
    If "rat rods" Have become mainstream then we can blame ourselves for thinking no car is exempt from flat black and red wheels.
    I don't even know how I stumbled in here but I love this place for the most part. I have been a gear head all my life and wrenched on everything from lawnmowers to 657 Cat scrapers. My scope of interest isn't really this narrow. A 63 1/2 427 Galaxy will turn my crank every bit as much as a well done deuce coupe. I have always wanted a no frills rod and thanks to the HAMB it is now at the top of my list. I read in a magazine once, maybe 20 years ago, that a true hotrod is an as found roadster body with a bigassed V8, poor brakes and wobbly steering that will scare the shit out of you every time you mash the gas pedal. Safety issues aside I have always kind of clung to that.
    Us old farts have to remember we have fostered a whole generation of basically disrespectful and unaccountable people so we have only ourselves to blame when these young "newbys" spout disrespectful drivel. That doesn't mean we have to put up with the crap and that is what makes this place so popular. Go look at some of the other "Old School" rod sites and you will see post a week old still on the front page so if you are tired of your posts disappearing here in a matter of hours then post over there. We are what we are and to be part of it you have to take the good, the bad and the ugly that comes with it. And be able to call bullshit when you see it, but be ready to take the heat that comes from opposing views.

14. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to wonder how this would all play out in the battleground of face to face reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially if the person said they were leaving, causing all this "drama", yet kept coming back over and over and over. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

<font color="red"> Will you guys Quit Bitching and get out into the garage.
    This post sucks! Why and the hell does everyone have to analyze everything. Go build something,take an aspirin and get a life. The Hamb isn't our life.... Only an extension of what we love.... </font> Stick to the issue here... <font color="blue"> h-o-t_r-o-d-s. </font>

16. moondisc

moondisc

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="red"> Will you guys Quit Bitching and get out into the garage.
    This post sucks! Why and the hell does everyone have to analyze everything. Go build something,take an aspirin and get a life. The Hamb isn't our life.... Only an extension of what we love.... </font> Stick to the issue here... <font color="blue"> h-o-t_r-o-d-s. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
    Can I get a AMEN!

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nicely said Pete.

I'll close with this - if you don't like the HAMB and you don't like where we are taking it - LEAVE! I don't really want to pay for bandwidth that is not appreciated.

We have been focused on traditional hot rods for almost ten years now. We were here before any fad was started and we will be here long after. Because of that, I don't really worry too much about doubters - people come and go... The HAMB has been here and will be here.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.