Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Old Dealership mascot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turbo442, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Turbo442

Turbo442

So I was going thru an old box of clothes and found a t-shirt from when I was about 5-6 yrs old (I'm 35). It was from the Novato Chevrolet dealership which at the time was called Empire Chevrolet. Skampper was their mascot and they put a decal of him on many of the cars they sold.
    My Grandfather and other family members bought several cars from them from the 50's all the way up to last year. Later my brother worked their as well.
    I own my Grandfathers 72 Monte Carlo that he bought new from Empire and it had Skampper on the rear bumper until a few years ago when the bumper was rechromed. I still have the original dealer frame on the car as well. I plan to use the t-shirt to have a new decal made. It's neat to have the car as well as some of the memorabilia that goes with it.
    This brings back a few memories.

Share your dealership mascot stories or related.

2. Turbo442

Turbo442

Forgot to add pics!

3. Turbo442

Turbo442

Here...

Attached Files:

4. 61TBird

61TBird

I don't remember many dealerships with a mascot in the Bay Area.
    There was a Dodge dealer(Redwood City I think) that had the "Dodge Doggie". It was a HUGE stuffed dog that was used in their ads.
    I do have an original dealer frame for my '68 Malibu from Bob Coyle Chevrolet in San Jose. Apparently he used to sponsor some Drag cars.(any info would be great!)
    Bob Coyle Chevrolet became Coyle/Billings about 1970,then Billings Chevrolet.

5. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Bob Coyle sponsored JUngle Jim`s 66 nova funny car. Have pics with the name on it.

6. Crankhole

Crankhole

[​IMG]
    Cal Worthington and his "dog" Spot.

7. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

8. Turbo442

Turbo442

LOL!That reminds me, I went to school with one of Chet Monez's grandkids. Spoiled.

9. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Didn't Coyle Chevrolet sponsor Hayden Proffit?