Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Old Crow gets a new experimental 4 banger !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Zerk

Zerk

2. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Hi guys, and yes , this thread is a couple years old, but I guess I never really updated everyone on the results of running this reverse induction motor.
    We took the car and motor to Speedweek in 2008 and got the record for "unblown gas lakester" with a 2 run average speed of 135.164. That was with a cast iron Winfield head and 2 strombergs, we went back in 2009 with a H&H pop up piston head, but could not beat our current record. We got within 1 mile an hour, but blew a piston.

I believe that reverse induction can be an asset to motors with a Siamese intake port such as the model A/B, but it's not practical for the street, as the water jacket design was not intended for cooling the intake ports for exhaust gases. But for short bursts, it definitely makes a difference. (Just don't build a street motor..... It will crack your block !)

We have been running an overhead cam setup for the last 2 Bonneville's but we still plan to go back to the reverse induction Flathead with fuel injection and bump up our current record next year. That's assuming that I actually get my stuff together and start messin with fuel injection,... I've always been a carb guy, but I know it's limited.
    Any injection guru's out there wanna help us out?

Here's a pic of the H&H flathead head that we ran 2nd.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. Next year Bobby???? You guys not going up this year???

4. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

No, were definitely going, but were running the same blown overhead Gemsa head that we ran last year. Not the flathead, til next year. Or maybe in October.

5. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Bobby,
    I assume that you would probably go with some sort of "Hilborn" constant injection?
    Drop me a PM and I may be able to be of some help. I have just retired and am going to do some stuff with Stu Van Dyne in September and will be in So. Cal and can stop by. I also will be at the salt and will stop by there.

Rex