Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Old Crow gets a new experimental 4 banger !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, Aug 1, 2008.

1. DanCollins

DanCollins

logan is dreamy....I mean the intake......

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Very coool best of luck with it

3. Bondopicasso

Bondopicasso

looks good, can't wait to see it on the salt. Logan knows what he's doing, Bobby is in good hands. Look forward to sharing some brews and bullshit in Bonneville!

4. Ramblur

Ramblur

5. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

6. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Hey Bobby and Crow Crew-

Good luck! It sounds interesting, video sounds never do an engine justice...

Can't wait to see it run at Bonneville!

Keven

7. bobby G and Lucky and the rest of them are real COOl car guys helpful and nice always got a smile and they will answer my dumb questions..... thanks guys.....
    34 is the deal....

8. TV

TV

I'll chime in with HotRodVon, wish you guys all the luck and hope you knock em dead. Quick & Easy Racing team.--TV

9. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Thanks everybody for the positive words.... Experimenting is always a risk, so I'm not making any bold prediction.. but I am hoping for the best. Knock on wood and all that.

10. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

-Falls over laughing-

11. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Cool!...good luck at B-ville!

12. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I'm doing some shake down runs this week, so I'll let you know how shes runnin.

13. So Bobby, Why no more boost? I guess the motor was just to picky or could not take boost and be reliable? Inquiring minds must know.. lol.

14. Claych

Claych
    from Ca.

FNG respects (and more go fast to ya!)

1'st pic , no "pyrometers"
    2'nd pic "K" type thermocouples (weld in I guess)
    3'rd pic 4 gas probe for tuning??

The sound....no mistaking that torque, keep the band flat
    and peak to peak 1 min, kick butt!!

15. VanHorton

VanHorton

BTTT im curious how this thing did, i just found the thread and it is pretty awsome. Did you ever get to do any test runs?

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

They set a new record at Bonneville... I (and quite a few others) helped finish off a bottle of Old Crow whiskey to celebrate! :D:eek:

Malcolm

17. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Awesome!

18. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I was able to see it run..its awsome....one of my hi lites of the trip

19. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Hey Bobby, Cool to see you guys at the Bend in the Road, and your new record. I would like to take a moment to tell the gentleman in your pit,(Long hair no Tats) good luck. He mentioned this weekend was his last hoorah before inlisting in the US AIR FORCE. What a great way to spend time before heading off to Bootcamp. He will make some big changes for the better. I, and the rest of the Country, are very proud of him. We talked for quite a while. and he explained your engine to me. Very nice guy. Please tell him Thank-You for defending our Country, and giving us the Freedom to be at Bonneville. We will owe him someday. Brian

Attached Files:

20. Hear, hear.

21. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

NINEINCH,

That Long hair Hippy Bastard would be Tyrell Pennington, Lovinly Known as "Kid Rock"

I have had the Pleasure of knowing this Young Man for a couple years now, I think hes MAYBE 21 now, When i met him he was driving the COOLEST Pre~War '30 Roadster & has since stripped it down & painted it & built a HOT flathead for it.

He has been a Helper For Logan Davis who does All the Mechanical work on the Old Crow for the speed shop.

Very Impressive Young man & a Real Go Getter, Even though hes a Smart Ass & we go round & round when we see each other :D... GREAT KID !

Now he is off to Defend our Star's & Stripe's.. I/WE will be indebted for this Young Man the rest of our lives.

If your seeing this Tyrell, You better come home safe ya Fuckin Hippie.. You still owe me $100.00 for that convex S/W Gauge !!! :p

22. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Thanks for the note DESOTO. We all wish him well. Way to be, "KID ROCK"! ;)B

23. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

So,...what's the latest Bobby?

I'm interested in the possible heat issues that are rumored?

24. panic

panic

"If you notice for the last 50 or 60 years it has been the norm to have exhaust ports smaller than the intakes"

That wasn't ignorance, or bad planning. It was sound engineering, and it's still valid today, except the engine design for which it was intended is no longer built: no overlap.

If there is no reversion-induced exhaust gas re-breathing during overlap, the most efficient exhaust is the biggest valve and port you can use. This allows the working cycle to be extended by opening the exhaust valve late, which increases power. Pumping loss is still acceptable since blow-down is very rapid.

Once engines started using even mild overlap, reversion was cured in the crudest possible way: shrinking the exhaust port to raise gas speed. This, in turn requires the exhaust duration (and lift) to be extended, which causes more reversion, blah.

25. power58

power58

The new Crow engine is fantastic. Talked with Logan about the intake and fenders he built at your Pit at Speedweek. Great looking stuff. The Video is a first rate. You can start your own cackle fest. Great work, Thanks for posting.

26. malkintent

malkintent

i just love new old speed ideas!!! great job, from head scratching to fruition!!

27. I just plain 'ole wet myself! See ya' all on the Salt Gpa Crow.

28. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Killer set up !!!
    Being in Indianapolis i have breakfast with some of the old school Indy 500 guys . Some of these old guys have spent many hours on the dyno etc.

Every now and then i get them fired up talking about the reverse flow engines etc ( where the intake and exhaust is swapped.)
    Makes for some interesting discussion in regards to getting in more fuel and the getting it out again.
    Many claim that when you increase the ports to get it in , you then cant get it out and vice versa.....theres a few of these engines running the Newport Hill climb each year with the t engines as well....

29. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Bpbby,
    Any chance you will get some dyno time on the engine? Looking forward to seeing you at the Salt!!

Rex

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This thread is 2 years old.....just to let everyone know.