Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old car values/ whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46stude, Feb 7, 2010.

1. 46stude

46stude

Thinking about selling, preferably trading off my Studebaker M5 project, but wanted to get an idea of its value.
    Where do y'all go to find out "average" prices on classic vehicles? Tried NADA, but they don't give pricing on non-running projects.

I used to know of a site that did values based on the "1-10" scale. I think 1 was rough/parts car & 10 was concours perfect. Tried searching but didn't have any luck, so figured I'd toss the question up here.

2. 46stude

46stude

Bump for Monday.... I guess posting this late Sun after the Superbowl was bad timing on my part!

3. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

id try findin similar one on craigslist or evilbay , see what other are askin, thats all i know how to do. not much help i gues

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Old Cars Weekly Value Guide.

5. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Ahem ! , The values of old cars are sliding so fast that the "printed" word ($$$$) can not possibly keep up....Everything is on a slippry slope and high ranking idiots are at the top pouring vats of silicone/STP and anything that make us slide faster.....If ya want a new ride I think it prudent ,very prudent to do The TRADE thing, Barter ETC....I know there are many Dealers that keep the prices HIGH by not selling and listing their warez at outer space levels....Gee, If all the blasted dealers would close up shop and let the oldcar prices fall maybe the hobby will then turn back to the folks who started it.....Just some good ole boyz of any age doin' what they enjoy....Driving the worthless things and having the time of their life....We would somehow have to scuffle with legislators who would likely be fueled,pushed and cohereced by the failing Dealers to Eliminate those underlings and their junk cars ( junk meaning anything that isn't GREEN ) kinda the Sour Grape thingy.....I have been watching ads for cars owned by "Dealers" HOLDING Out for YEARS for the greedy high dollar......If you guys will think about it you will remember seeing the same car over and over...Also we have multiple cars that never make it back on the road because it "slides" from dealer to dealer, each time with a price increase....I could point out specifics but I don't think that would help anything..... SOME Individuals are somewhat guilty of the same thing....If we offer a car on the world wide Web and nobody buys it after the first coupe of months don't ya think maybe it isn't work what you wanting....So save the Band Space, spare us having to trip over your Otoonumerous ad for the same car/part/ for the same price...It should be obvious that no one wants the Danged thing at least at your astronomical price.....Letz all do our part to get-er-down. Lemme be the first...I have an unfinished 32 I'll sell for 1.5 million "dolla American",...Would humbly accept Gold bullion....See how cool ya look when you ask stupid prices for something obviously not quite worth that much.......

6. slik

slik

old cars weekly has now started using the NADA guide as their price base.
    www.vmrintl.com is even better. they constantly monitor the martket and all the auctions across the states. they are much more accurate for pricing than nada.