Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Okay maybe just one more

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62rebel, Sep 21, 2020.

1. 62rebel

62rebel

Just my luck to spot a roundbody Falcon sedan for sale. Just got done scrapping down a rustier than I thought Fiat 124. Wasn't really looking for a new project, but there it was. Seems to be an automatic transmission model. Not sure of the engine; haven't been able to see it in person yet. Well, we shall see. Got a literal ton of crap to get rid of first.

Thor1 and dana barlow like this.
  2. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

If it's not Futura or Futura Sprint, move on. If you have to do a Falcon...do a Falcon.

If you had no other projects, a base Falcon could be fun. If you have multiple projects, life is too short and cash is in short supply..

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

While I agree some models of Falcons are more desirable than others, but I believe in “ different strokes for different folks”.
    I went to a car show this weekend and a fellow had a real nice six cylinder four door Falcon. He was very proud of that very nice car.
    Sometimes you have to deal with what you can find.
    Just my .02.

Bones

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Well,becareful ,the cool factor can be great or get us in a hole.
    10 or more years back,I ran across a pile of parts that had a 1917 Hupp roadster cowl an a few other odds an ends,so got it. Over time,I pick up some stuff{that in my head all fit together as a hot rod}but now days,it just stairs at me from the corner. Some one with bigger barrel of go go,may need to finish it up. Just have enough to keep me biz. With 2 running hot rods in garage already.
    A lot of parts 4 the Hupp,but 1924 Hupp grillshell is very cool. So added 3pic of a few parts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    TrailerTrashToo, F-ONE and Boneyard51 like this.

5. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Mr. Barlow,
    What a great project! Those parts could be the start of really neat 3 Springer. Find a old non-Ford frame, maybe even turn it around backwards with parallel leafs up front, a Model T transverse rear spring, a V8 Banjo and a vintage engine like Pontiac, Olds or Buick straight 8. That's some cool stuff, especially those head lights!

Alas, my plate is full but it seems the mind always wonders and imagines another project.

I could have Gary Cooper's Duesenberg in a million pieces in the garage and still be thinking of another project.

dana barlow likes this.
  6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Well,at 78,I'm coming around to think I should keep my old high school rod running an not keep building new rods.
    In keeping with OP,was really running with the idea of do we need another !

All though I only showed 3 pic's ,there's a hole lot of other stuff I had collected for the Hupp,a Ford Y block V8,van seat,tail lights, two 2x4 steel box tube for frame,35 front axle,drum brakes n hub/but no spindels,arm shocks, Stainless Gas tank an so on n on.
    But just piles of parts. We're all a little crazy,to take on a flash idea"This crap could look like a hot rod" I hate the big headlights,but understand trendy deal of last 20 years,so seemed to fit the new bubble of BS,=would help the rod to sell,if ever finished ,do to adding out of the norm box of design an fit ,with it being mostly Hupmobile.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    F-ONE and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  7. 62rebel

62rebel

Futuras and especially Sprints are going for stupid money (for very little reason) so, no, no upscale Falcons. Looks like a deluxe due to the window trim. BTW I have had more Falcons than some people have changes of socks. One more just popped up, is all. Who wants the hassle of tracking down increasingly rare parts for the "performance" version anyway? I want to have it driving by Thanksgiving, not looking at a catalog.

8. 62rebel

62rebel

Boneyard51 likes this.
  9. I too have had a couple of Falcons, my first was a 63 1/2 Falcon Sprint and I loved that car, I totaled it and then I bought a 64 Futura, both we 260 ci but the Sprint was a 4speed and the Futura was 3 on the tree.

I still like them but they are getting too expensive for nice one. HRP

62rebel likes this.
  10. 62rebel

62rebel

So, catching up on YouTube videos and I run across this guy with a 62 moredoor and I start watching..... omigod this guy is not going to.... what is he thinking.... he's gonna weld WHAT? Tried to start the engine with no carb..... built a 2bbl adapter to use a Rochester 2v instead of a 1bbl ford/Holley..... timing way too far out..
    ..uhhh.... yeah. And then he drives it around with no taillight lenses.... yikes. I can see the entire HOA committee on his doorstep Monday morning