Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. It is my car as it is now in front of my garage!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

Liked my avatar so much i figured i would have it immortalized :D
    375971_3712297926071_349371801_n.jpg

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine is of my chevy on the first test drive after I bagged it. Drove it up to my buddys house to show him.

4. 270ci

270ci

An old 8V53 blower I converted and installed on 261 inline six in a 54 Chevy.

5. Mine is my dad and a bunch of his buddies at Daytona in 1959 back when they used to race sportscars. He is on the far right. The car was called the Jomar ad there were several of them built at a shop in Manchester NH before the rights were bought out by TVR. Dad was also the President of the Sports Car Club of NH in the late 50s and raced a Jaguar XK140 all over New England and Florida. It's his fault I turned into a gear head so my avitar is a tribute to him.

6. Teal32

Teal32

Air freshener, please.

7. Borrowed a still from the "The Wild One" with M. Brando. Released in 1953...

The Wild One was based on a short story, The Cyclists' Raid by Frank Rooney, in the January 1951 issue of Harper's Magazine. The story was later published in book form as part of The Best American Short Stories 1952. The story took a cue from an actual biker street party on the Fourth of July weekend in 1947 in Hollister, California that was elaborately trumped up in the July 21, 1947 issue of Life Magazine, and dubbed the Hollister riot, with staged photographs of wild motorcycle outlaw revelers.

8. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

<------------- Its my 55.

9. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Mine is our 1950 suburban, dog hauler, cruiser, boat and trailer tow'er, ice cream shop friend hauler after a backyard BBQ and daily driver. No great story, just an old piece of history getting lower, faster and more attention every day!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    kbgreen likes this.
  10. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

11. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Congrats Paul! Wow...11 grandkids, That's a bunch. I'd never get anything done if I had that many.

12. jaxx

jaxx

ONE OF THE BEST CARS EVER BUILT - AND ITS MOSTLY MOPAR -jaxx

13. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

My bride of 36 years and I in our Carlson Contender tunnel hull. We' ain't dead yet.

14. broey

broey

best band in the world.

15. sophisto79

sophisto79

Saw this at the Toyota Museum in Nagoya Japan. Apparently a long running Men's magazine in Japan. Too kool for skool.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. raymay

raymay

My current rides. The 56 Chevy was my latest one of a kind creation. The Chopped 37 Chevy I built over 20 years ago, sold it in 2000 and then bought it back in 2011.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  17. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

My left foot (on the left) and 'PHOTOFINK's right foot (on the right). We were at Dan Collins shop for a gathering after Primer Nats one year. PHOTOFINK's wife was sitting in front of us. I asked her to hold my camera for a minute. I found the picture a couple days later.

I'm pretty sure she has a foot fetish...

18. I am a native to S.E. Michigan (greater Detroit). My Dad worked for all the car companies (Ford, GM and Chrysler - we really don't consider the transplants much around here) and - as you all know or SHOULD know the Alexander Brothers (we call them the A brothers) are Detroit area customizers from the start. I had the privilege of getting to know Larry a bit before he passed a few years back at a model car club that I would attend on occasion. Hardly a finer gentleman existed in our hobby - a true gem. I think so much of him and what the two of them did that I want to give my respect to their name and accomplishments each time I post - hardly a better way then having their card as an avatar

19. dynahoe

dynahoe

sable is getting used to the new puppy.they are playing

20. Model T1

Model T1

Just changed it. No splainin needed!:D
    [​IMG]Actually I've had a lot of cars. Don't even have a "T" anymore. At the large factory where I was employed most guys had nicknames. Shorty, Whitey, Farmer, and stuff like that. We talked a lot about old cars. Model T's at that time. I was young . Another young guy said "hey Model T did you get anything done on your touring car this week?" It just kinda stuck. Later when I became a big time trucker for the company some of the other guys still called me Model T on the CB radio.
    This was in the 60's. As another guy used to say "and that's the rest of the story.";)
    [​IMG]

21. Oh no, not you again! Machine gun Kelly, get back into your 4-door '34 Ford with Bonnie, Clyde. And stay there.

22. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I thought it summed up The HAMB.
    If you take yourself too seriously You'll lose sight in the EnD.

23. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I used to work for Bear Mfg. building wheel balancers and their "alinement" racks. Another good company that fell victim to corporate greed........:mad:

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Artsy pic of my Nailhead....

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      250.1 KB
      Views:
  25. It's a black oval with letters.

26. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

One of the x-rays from when I was racing motocross on a TRX 250r

27. cool old pic of a merc (not mine) and im a fan of those so....

28. WWinIL

WWinIL

license plate frame came on a '71 F250 I owned about 15 yrs ago. HVY MTL plate was from my '55 Mercury Montclair I owned about 18 yrs ago.

29. Zeke

Zeke

30. < That'sa Commonwealth of Virginia drivin' permit, from my "Charles Manson" period 'bout 25 years ago.

I was takin' different drugs back then so's I had a different look.