Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration OK...So...here's another thing....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boldventure, Jun 9, 2013.

1. boldventure

boldventure

OK...Yeah...here's another thing.
    Yesterday was at what I taken to calling "Second Saturday". The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Monterey</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Bay</st1:placeType> area and the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Jose</st1:place></st1:City> area have sprouted many regional Saturday morning drop in car show events. I try to get to as many as I can; it's really interesting to see the various paradigms. I like to snap pics and have collected 1000's from all over the area.
    A couple of times I’ve joined a pick-up drive associated with the event. I have a ’62 Studebaker Hawk GT, and a real reason to dive it is a real plus. Yesterday the group from Monterey Cars & Coffee went out through <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Carmel</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Valley</st1:placeType></st1:place>. The guys that went by and large hade newer high performance cars like BMS, Caddy CTS and Mustangs. The Studebaker is a GT form the ‘60’s and we have a hard time keeping up! We pulled out after the first leg.
    What I’d like to do is develop or hook up with some older slower people and cars and do hamburger and ice creams runs. Nothing to regulated or restrictive but some gentle putting around on such back roads as my ride and wife & dog can appreciate.
    One or 101 think about this, hit me up and let’s putt! I’m based in Watsonville, CA BTW.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013