Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok....New Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redmeat, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Ok it looks like I may be able to get new weld on radius rod(bat wing like)brackets and just grind off the old ones and weld on the new ones at the proper angle.....BUT.....the new issue is this....the tube axle I have does not have Spring Perch Bosses....

It is supposed to work like this......Spring Pivot off the Bat wing bracket to the Spring shackle(ok so far).....then off the other side of the spring shackle is an adapter to mount the shocks off of for the Lower Shock Mount....I think it is kind of a hokey(and un attractive set up.

Has any-one else found a way around this?

Here are picks of all I have spoke of above....

Attached Files:

2. BTTT...come on I know somebody has i deas about this....

3. I've never see a set up quite like that but I gotta guess that's the way it is intended.

I think if it were me i'd make a separate shock mount and hang it off the axle or something.

4. Yeah that is what we are thinking of...just how and where to place is the question....well I guess that is part of the fun of builing your own....