Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oil in the coolant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59Apachegail, Mar 15, 2012.

1. flush it..refill it and put one small box of Arm and Hammer baking soda into the radiator to neutralize any acids that may corrode anything and to thoroughly clean your cooling system....drive the snot out of it...(50 miles one way)...come back home and drain it...refill it with a 50/50 antifreeze and water mix.....and PLEASE drive it more than 100 miles a year...it won't break!!....enjoy it now and leave the next owner something to fix !!

2. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Bad Banana
    I have a 283 but based on your response I think I am good. I have no coolant in my oil and I have a manual tranny. The low coolant level seems to be a result of a bad radiator valve/cock, topping off has fixed that for now.

Mschiffel I defintely plan on doing that now that I have worked out most of the gremils. Hopefully my sons will be the next owners. By then with all of everyones help I will have become an encyclopedia on it.

Thanks for the responses!

3. Zaspeed505

Zaspeed505

I read the posts but no one asked if you had a automatic or if the radiator has a tranny cooler on it. My old 64 impala had a tranny cooler on the bottom. Maybe this is that other white meat deal. Just a question? Never hurts to ask a stupid question to get a brilliant answer!

4. You didn't read anything in this thread.
    Way to go FNG.