Register now to get rid of these ads!

ohio title questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Degreaser, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Degreaser

Degreaser

anyone have any advice on getting a good clear title to use for a 31 ford? (or anything even close) i really want to avoid the whole inspection thing. i have done custom bikes and its a huge bitch. i see titles for sale in hemmings and other places, but everyone says ohio sucks when using out of state titles or ones not recently registered. any advice is appreciated!!

plus...i don't want to get in trouble!

2. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

Check with your DMV about doing a lost title search for the number on your frame. This might work as long as the vehicle doesn't come up as stolen or registered. Might check the number first with a law enforcement officer if you know any.

3. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Ohio honors the laws of other states.
    SOOOOoooooo if you have a bill of sale from say Georgia (where I just moved here from) where there are no titles prior to 1974 all you need to do is have a vin# inspection, the bill of sale and your done.

I checked with them about my '36 when I moved here.

Glenn

4. upzndownz

upzndownz

i have an ohio title for a 2dr 30 ford either sedan or roadster if your interested you can pm me

5. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

In the same boat myselfe. Built a 29 out of old junk parts ,but no title. Whos got a OHIO OR IND.one for 28,29 Ford...Ron

6. Degreaser

Degreaser

dabirdguy may be onto somethin'. the drag is everyone says ohio dmv is the worst. i guess we will see. i know if its as bad as getting a title for a new custom built bike i may say fuck it. i had to get a notorized list of all the parts i fabbed and receipts for every piece of steel i used. i made my oil tank from an old flea market fire extinguisher and failed the first inspection because i couldn't prove it wasn't stolen.

7. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

ohio must be most difficult state...if you dont have your crap together, their gonna be hard on you....