Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Oh, NO, not another "What's it worth? thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26Tudor, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I saw this car years ago, but it slipped through my hands. It just resurfaced again, for sale. Chromoly tube frame, Pete and Jake's Stainless 4 bar front and rear, dropped front axle/disc brake, (supposedly) Currie narrowed 9 inch, bodywork had been done when I saw it first, looked pretty well-done, but it has an extra coat of surface rust now. The trunk lid is there, set up (if I remember correctly) for Small Block Ford. Guy said $2,000 and it's mine. I don't know; sounds a bit steep to me, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Title? Sounds a little steep to me but not alot. Might be worth it. Looks neat!

3. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

buy it i have spent more on less!

4. evintho

evintho

Based on some of the rollers I saw at Turlock last month, $2K is a pretty darn good deal! Remember, we're in California! Offer him $1500, can't hurt. A complete body and all the goodies listed, bring it to the Sacramento swap and you could probably flip it for $3K to the right buyer.

If you don't need the cowl........LMK! Mine's toast!

5. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Not a bargain but doable if you like it.

6. can't help on value over there but if it were here 2k would be a bargain for that

7. I paid 2 grand for my Pete & Jakes front end, 4" Super Bell, Disc brakes and 4 bar and it's not stainless. I'd say buy it.

8. Is 2k as much as the total of its parts? Doesn't look like much but sounds like some expensive parts on it. So its come up twice for sale with no one finishing it? It might be worth it but they probably want to sell it for a reason, check it out good.

9. $1500 in one pocket, other $500 in the other.
    Hold the 15 in front of him

10. mickeyc

mickeyc

If there was no rust I would think it was a good deal. Rust sucks! I hate rust and it is ALWAYS worse than it appears to be and much more work than you bargin for! Just my opinion and a bit of a rant also, sorry.

11. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Looks like a good deal if it was in Wisconsin, but where you are you have to decide!

12. Well, I am more of a "traditional" guy, and didn't really want the chromoly frame/4 bar setup, etc, just the body. SO, I have made him an offer on JUST the body, we'll see if he bites or not. You see, I know where I can get a pretty nice "A" chassis, an Honest-To-Gawd Mor-Drop axle, and a 49 or 50 Flathead that is still running just fine in the "doodlebug" it's in...so I think you can see where I was headed with this. I thought if I got the whole thing, I could sell the 4 bar stuff to someone else, and the chromoly chassis...and use the $$ from that to help finance the build the way **I** wanted it. I'll just have to see if he bites on the money offered for just the body and Turtle Deck.
    Thanks for all the opinions, gents, I certainly do like the power of the HAMB!!

13. 562roadster

562roadster

Good luck man. That body is killer.

14. Jason Vohland

Jason Vohland
    from Reno, NV

Buy it!
    2k will come and go but they are not making any more of those old cars.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!