Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Official.....Kiwi Kev thank you thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Me and Ladyshifter have to publicly thank one of the most generous and honest Hot Rodder that I know....not only did Kevin and his family make us feel at home at there home they also did for an enormous amount of the greatest people I have met. What a wonderful B-B-Q.....So thank you Kevin and family for taking the time out for us....if anyone else has some personal thank you's for Kevin and family this is the place.

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Thanks, Kevin.
    It was awesome. Great atmosphere, great food, great people and great cars.
    I cant wait to do it again, it's getting bigger and bigger every year.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  3. eltiberius

eltiberius

Kevin,
    Thanks for letting us local biker slobs view your wonderful piles of stuff and feed us in a spectacular fashion. Excellent job on the pig!
    Ti

4. yekoms

yekoms

While Royal is thankin' Kev. I'd like to thank Royal and Kev for their always good additions to the HAMB.
    Bein' here on the east coast I have not yet met either of them but, I hope that the day will come.
    Have a good one, Smokey

5. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

I was only there for a bit but had a ton of FUN. My head was spining like a top with all the stuff you have and tools. But best of all thanks for opening your home to a group like us.
    Dave

6. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Kevin, to borrow from The Cramps, "You've Got Good Taste!"

7. I've got a bunch of pic's! It was a real shindig!!! About 100 people...Met some Kiwi's and had a great time. Thanks Kev! Your the best host....I'll post the pic's tomorrow...

8. The Choppers all say thanks. What could be better than eatin BBQ pork, drinkin beer, and being surrounded by cool speed equipment? Thanks for a great time Kev and family!!
    D.

9. RatBone

RatBone

yes Kevin , its was a great time even with my coupe sucking a valve! You sure know how to feed a crowd. Thanks for everything!

10. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

kevin, your the coolest person around! thanks for the BBQ!!! i have a pig ready for ya for next year or maybe Back to the beach?? he's good size! -J

11. Aww Jeezz Skip, no need for that bullshit! I wish I had more time to spend with you. I didn't even get a picture. There's no proof that you and the lovely Kelly were even here. My wife, daughters and I all had a great time, made some cool new friends. Jason, thanks! I will be in touch. Here are some of my pics..........

5 steps to a yummy pig.
    1 Soakem up
    2 Boxem up
    3 Heatem up
    4 Cutem up
    5 Eatem up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Damn the one year I miss it and ya go and eat a pig.
    TP
    what the hell are you doin up this early-late?

13. People, and plenty of them......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Holy shit thats ALOT of people!!
    Next year your gonna have to just block off the street and have 2 pigs!
    TP

15. Awesome pictures Kev!
    Looks like a great party!

16. Many Kiwis in attendance! Can't forget to thank my friend Mike who is the one with the pig cooking knowlege and is the real hard worker. I owe him!

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Please tell me more about that gold 35-36 Ford pickup.

18. oz40

oz40

G´day Kiwi Kev
    Looks like you guys had a great time, sucking on all that piss and great food.
    But most aussies know that kiwis are more into sheep than pigs, so whats the go. Just giving you a bit of local friendly humour.
    No really, looks like you had a really great day.
    Hopefully I can get to come up and meet you guys some time.

I am in Guadalajara, Mexico working on a 50 merc here. Its on the HAMB.----Mexican Merc 50.
    So when its done I plan to bring it up to the shows/runs.

Anyway, keep up the good work, catch you next time.
    Tom, (oz40)

19. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Metalsmith, Chef, Party Host, Outdoor Decorator....What else?

Got couple signs for you, one of these days I will leave them on your door step..Maybe next year your guest should bring a sign for you as a token of their thanks.

20. Kev, glad to see you got that pic with the Southern Culture On The Skids. To all who didn't make it, they played a great set on Saturday that I think has not been mentioned on the Primer Nats posts. Are you gonna be doing a tech article on the light up pig eyeballs by the way? I'm not sure, but I think it was hooked up to a 6 volt battery with a voltage drop and NOS cloth wires!!
    Thanks again, D.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WHAT???:eek:
    No invite extended to your mid-west girls??? Where's the love???:eek:

:D

22. It definatly was a great time! Here's some of my pic's from the BBQ..

Pig Prep!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  23. 53chevy

53chevy

Wow! I'm local and couldn't even swing buy. Where are my priorties. I'll skate there next year if I have to!

Ken

24. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Looks like you guys had a ball, I cant belive I missed it this year. Alot of people and cars this year. you might need to block the street next year.

25. Here's Kev's buddy who owns the Bad News Willys. And that's Hotrod Willy grabbing a brew

[​IMG]