Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features *OFFICIAL* Ford Unibody 61-63 Pict Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpnkyMcGee, Nov 29, 2007.

1. skull

skull

l have one l wanta get rid of, sell to some who will fix it up. got it several years ago, finances changed and l probably won't do any thing to fix it as l have too many other projects and not enough $$$$$.

pm me if interested

later:D

Attached Files:

2. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Hello all... New here, first post. I have a 63 Big back window, long bed. Need to hurry up and get back on it, its in a snow cacoon of death right now. I haven't seen allot of the big back windows long beds. They a pretty rare item?

3. 396skip

396skip
    from MN

Here is my 63 Merc P/U Project...coming along slowly.....

Attached Files:

4. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

Heres my 61 uni.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

droppedstepside likes this.
  5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks great Fastlane!!!!!

6. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Very aggressive looking Fastlane1.

Paco

7. VonWegener

VonWegener

I bought two Unibodies on epay.
    Here is my '62 Unibody with the Custom Cab and Panoramic Rear Window option (BigWindow). Grill is from a '63.
    Engine is 351 with a C6. 9" rear 3.23 gears. I bought it 2004 in Phoenix and drove it home to Los Angeles.

[​IMG]

I have another '63 BigWindow and that one does not have the custom cab option. Must be very rare. Four new monoleaf springs but no engine or trans. I put a correct '63 grille in it after I brought it home from Ventura 2 years ago. It is for sale for $1300. Damn economy forces me to do things I don't want to....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  8. VonWegener

VonWegener

Eat your heart out small window guys:)

[​IMG]

9. VonWegener

VonWegener

It will be restored someday.....

[​IMG]

10. VonWegener

VonWegener

The truck had grey velour import car seats that where absolutely horrible. Together with the stock deep dish (same as falcon) steering wheel there was no room for me.
    I got an '86 Dodge Ram mini truck seat, lowered it and widened the frame 4" and then had it reupholstered at Garzas. The steering wheel is off of a '55 F-100. Much better.

[​IMG]

11. mehal

mehal
    from Boston

Hey all,

OK, first post from a demented Ford guy. I have a bunch of other projects that have just taken a back seat to getting my 61 Uni finished for summer 2010. It was a project abandoned by a guy in Texas. He was building a custom 2x4 frame for a regular bed early F100, but decided to bail on the project. I told him I wanted the frame, but not the body as I was searching for a decent Uni. He just happened to have a 61 sitting in his yard and he said the body would bolt right into his custom frame (not!). I got the truck last year and although it was decent, the body had more rust than he told me (go figure) and the frame was a bit of a hack (go figure). Anyway these trucks are too cool, so I dove right in. It was originally a Ford, but I got all the Mercury emblems and tailgate to convert it over to a Merc. Oh yeah, it was originally a small window, but the roof was rotting at the drip rails and the guy who had the Mercury stuff also had a big window roof in good shape. So now it's a BBW (see pics)! I am in the middle of fixing the rot (door sills/posts and where original bed met cab) and also re-doing the frame and suspension. When finished it will be sweet and low!

Not showing off, but if you want to see some of my other projects, check out http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/mehal. Actually its not really showing off since practically NONE OF THEM ARE FINISHED!!

Keep those radical Fords coming - Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Hey mehal,

Nice project ...... love the 2 r. wagons too. Those must have been picked up away fron the area ...... I'm an old Woburnite & rust & rot are the enemy.

Good job so far. I had the seafoam green uni earlier on these pages. Sold it to start on my 46 ford cpe.

Peace.

Paco

13. mehal

mehal
    from Boston

Hey Paco, good to know there are (or were) some members in the area. Looks like you are in ATL now? Good luck with the '46. - Mike

14. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Yes ..... had to move south after retiring from GE over on the parkway in Medford. Next time I'm up home I'll make contact - you have some kewl projects. Check your pm box.

Paul

15. I have a '63 Mercury unibody that I bought solely to remove the Y-block from to use in my '32 Pickup. The Merc was a real rust bucket, too rough to fix up; also, it has been shortened down to a short wheel base, ( even shorter than a stock shortbed) and welded back together with a torch and bondo. I was planning to harvest the last few items and then take it to be crushed. I was just about to cut the steering column out of it with a zip cutter when my brother-in-law showed up. He pointed across the yard at the merc and said we should put a big block in it and use it for drag racing. I like the way he thinks! So, I am planning to jack it up and use it like an old gasser! Saved from the crusher.

Attached Files:

• 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      59.7 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      44.3 KB
      Views:
    • 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
  16. mehal

mehal
    from Boston

Pretty cool. Do you still have the tailgate and other Merc specific stuff?

17. Unfortunately I don't have the Merc tailgate, although they are not that hard to find. It does have the Merc grill and horn button as well as "Mercury 100" emblems on the hood sides. I think it will make an awsome gasser, and spare me the guilt of crushing a Merc Unibody.;)

18. dhughins

dhughins

here are some of my 62 unibody swb 3 speed on the tree 223 6 cylinder. i bought it last july put new wheels and tires on it and just been driving and enjoying it. i have dreams of putting a v8 in it and disc brakes, moving the gas tank. (all the usual stuff). lately it has been for sale off and on due to my wife's 2 back surgery.

62engineside.jpg

62front.jpg

62gauges.jpg

62inside.jpg

62newwheels.jpg

62tail.jpg

62newwheelspassangle.jpg

19. dhughins

dhughins

here are some other unibodys i have found pics of that i really like.

0808st_01_z+1961_ford_f100+front_left_view.jpg

DSCN9063-vi.jpg

user59253_pic22190_1223829684.jpg

rus018.jpg

get_thumbs_on_fly.php.jpg

Charlie_Tim_Unis.jpg

20. vwdave30

vwdave30

21. unibodylightning

unibodylightning

Hey new to the board. Great info here and lots of nice projects. This is my project coming along slowly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. coolfordman

coolfordman
    from ab canada

I may also be interested in the emblems & horn button .thanks

23. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I can not believe I overlooked this thread!!

Here`s my 1961 Short Bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Oh ...... those are the kind of pix that make me regret selling my '62 Uni on the earlier pages here. I went to another HAMBer so I don't feel all that bummed.

Nice.

PACO

25. Vendome

Vendome

My 61 short box at Bonneville 2006. Didn't do very well. Hard to go fast with a flat cam! Built a new motor and hope to go this summer, 2010.

Great thread BTW.

Attached Files:

26. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

Hey what wheel/tire combo you running? Looks great!

27. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

Picked this 1961 short uni up about two months ago, no plans yet. totally torn apart and sandblasted, giant jigsaw puzzle LOL.

Attached Files:

28. thrush544

thrush544

Here is my 62 . . .

Attached Files:

bonesy likes this.