Register now to get rid of these ads!

Offenhauser 360 Degree manifold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Aug 13, 2006.

1. TERPU

TERPU

Is this a good one for a very mild SBC? It looks cool but will it work with the deep single plane runners?

Thanks, Tim

2. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

probably not, being a single plane.... how mild are you talking, stock internals?

3. RacerRick

RacerRick

Its a pretty crappy manifold overall. It only works ok in higher rpm and basically sucks in low and midrange.

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Yep, for street driving you'd do better with a dual plane.

5. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

With a healthy performance engine, I'd use a single-plane intake on the street without any reservations.

I read an intake comparison in a book where single-plane and dual-plane intakes were tried on a healthy, big-inch rat motor on the dyno, and the single-plane had better low-end torque with the particular combination they were using.

Regardless, if I was looking to buy a single-plane intake, Offenhauser would be my last choice. They're not even trying to keep up with companies like Brodix and Dart, who left them behind in the '80s.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

6. TERPU

TERPU

Thanks to all. I was afraid of that!

Terpu.

7. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

8. rebstew187

rebstew187

I wouldn't use it for a stocker or a hot engine.it's no better than your stock sbc intake maybe worse and as for a built engine it's ,for the lack of a better word ~ dated.may look cool but not the best intake on the market by far

9. Durt Man

Durt Man
    from Upstate NY

Hi, I am looking for some opinions on the use of the Offenhauser 360. I am putting a small V8 (sideways) on a bike and wondering if anybody thinks I can turn the carb 90 degrees on this single plane intake and if it might run OK. Maybe I need to cut out the web just under the carb. Let me know some thoughts. Thanks

10. panic

panic

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Yep I ran this one on a mild cammed 9.7 to1 with humper heads and a 600 cfm carb it ran decent I'm sure the newer technology intakes are better but it ran pretty good.
    [​IMG]