Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ode to the 2 Door Wagon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 11, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

No they were built on "Chevy" 115" wheelbase frames and for 58 & up the standard Chevy X frames were used and any Chevy engine trans combo was available, makes them easy to modify or upgrade with all the aftermarket Chevy stuff available. One of my "dream" cars is a 58 Pontiac sedan delivery...super rare even when new, not likely ever gonna happen!

2. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

I did not know that.
    And apparently Olds didn't make wagons at this time. So that leaves Buick wagons as the only unique GM wagon body during this time?

3. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

ok, my head is exploding a little bit.

Were 'US' Chevys sold in Canada and were they called Chevys?
    Canadian Pontiacs were US Chevys with unique US Pontiac style front sheet metal?
    What else did GM sell in Canada?

I suppose I should see if there is a thread on Canadian vs US makes and models. If there isn't one, there should be.

I thought I understood this stuff better than I do. Thanks for the info!

I didn't know they even made Pontiac sedan deliveries 1958. Do you have pics of one?

4. 56madmook

56madmook
    from long beach

here are a few pictures of the old man's 55

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Attached Files:

6. ^^^**Sweet!!! *** ^^^

7. whats to consider? get it!

8. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

OK guy's, saw this on Power Tour...'65 LeMans 2-door wagon, is it real, or, a '65 Chevelle wagon with Pontiac sheetmetal?...4-door-to-2-door conversion?...

Attached Files:

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

^^The top, and particularly the door tops, appear to be Chevelle 2-dr. I wanted to do this years ago from my '65 Tempest, but the car was stolen. Great job!

10. parklane

parklane

OK.............Yes the Canadian Chev is the same as the US unit. The Canadian Pontiac was built on a Chev frame, where the US Pontiac is built on a Olds/Buick frame. Had a 58 Pontiac (Canadian) 2 door wagon, that was not available in the US.

Attached Files:

11. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

heres a few ive had.5 or 6 others also but the pictures are on another computer.

12. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Just picked it up a few weeks ago..never thought I'd dig a wagon but there's just something about her...OH and in case you were wondering , YES there wheels are coming off!

Attached Files:

13. Lono

Lono

My 57 Ranchwagon.
    I never got over my first wife forcing me to get rid of my 57 nomad. I got rid of her too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jbh

jbh

I'm not even sure about Chevy frames under Canadian Pontiac wagons/deliveries. When I was mounting the bumper onto my 55 SDL, those frame horns sure looked different. Front bumper is Canadian only, hood, all hood moldings, hood bar & extensions, all Canadian. Steering wheel horn center was a 55 BelAir with indian chief emblem. Sold it two years ago. Jay

Attached Files:

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

They were Chevy frames that were trimmed at the factory to take the Pontiac bumpers.....nice car by the way!!

16. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here is my '56 Country Sedan. factory stock with a 4 speed, 312 triple carbs Yblock and it was a Pico Rivera Ford factory Racing Unit built car. My buddy's dad managed that Unit in '56. They were trying to get engines out to qualify for the NASCAR circuit. This and the later dual quad '57's wagons were the result.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

17. Lono

Lono

okay I admit I cant show self control when it comes to 50's longroofs...
    the latest addition, a 58 Yeoman.

gawd, even my hot rod is a long roof come to think of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Do nomads count?
    I typically judge people who think every 5-7 Chevy wagon is a "gonad". :)

19. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

They are wagons and they have two doors, so I'd say they count!

No pics here at my house, but when I was born in '61 my folks brought me home in a '55 Pontiac Safari. They traded it 4 years later for a used '62 Tempest Safari, a decision my Dad still calls one of the worst of his life!

20. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Got a better photo of the 57? never saw on like that....COOL!