Register now to get rid of these ads!

October 2010 Banger meet OOOO Scary

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Oct 1, 2010.

1. windy

windy

Thanks everyone for the replys , I will post more pics of the head when it arives should only be about a week.
    Any info on the water pump ?
    Thanks Allan.

2. RussTee

RussTee

windy is this a new head macsspeed here in NZ make a head that is a copy of a head like that see if you can find the thread on moes car hes useing a tee waterpump on that i tried my tee pump off my roadster on my b block and yes they can be made to work

3. windy

windy

RussTee the head That I 'am getting is a old one made around the 50's , I have looked at macspeed web site & have not found any heads .
    Will have a look for moes car & see what I can find , & thanks for trying the Tee pump on your b block, good to know that it will fit.
    Allan.

4. any of you guy have a quick print or drawing of where a model a water pump bolts on to the head. i am making an adapter for a later water pump and i dont have a gasket or head laying around...here at work lol
    thanks
    tom

5. I bought a new camera and it has a Youtube function. So I tried it out. Yet to do any more filming, I need to get some action shots.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrnK_msb6dU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrnK_msb6dU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. SixFive

SixFive

Just wanted to share a pic with you guys that might have missed it on the "Chopped" show event coverage thread.

[​IMG]

This is the '28 Tudor i was trying to get going last month.

Took it for it's first run on the weekend and man, it was some serious fun!
    Thanks again for all the advice.

7. THE1ANDONLY

THE1ANDONLY
    from Norco, CA

I should have started here in the 1st place..... anyways i am about to install my original head on my '31 A banger, my question is what is the torque sequence, is it like a V8 flat head where you start from the inside middle and go in a circle pattern? Any help would be appreciated... thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  8. SixFive

SixFive

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

SIXFIVE...
    how many miles do you get out of your gas tank?
    sweet look-in ride

10. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is a picture of what you want to do:

[​IMG]

11. doctorZ

doctorZ

what new 6V batteries are you all using? any that easily fit the stock battery box?

12. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

He won't be able to tell you that.
    The car was trailered to the event, then had trouble with crud in the tank, but eventually got it going again to have a bunch of fun in the dirt drags.

13. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It was at the show and it ran for the pics that is all that counts.

14. SixFive

SixFive

Doesn't matter when you live life 1/8 mile at a time haha!

Driving it for the first time really inspired me to sort out everything properly and get it on the road for real.
    The banger that is in it isn't the original motor from the car but it was swapped in sometime prior to 1952 and it seems to run pretty ok.

It will just stay stock for now but we'll see what the future holds.....

15. 97

There's no pics showing......well not that I can see??
    Is this the head which was sold on Trade-me in New Zealand? If it is the one I am thinking about , I was under the impression that it has no or minimal water jacket and therefore no pump etc?? For alcohol fueled "off road "activities only..???

I looked back for the auction thread/pics but they seem to have vanished.

16. RussTee

RussTee

yep same water pump as mine there are plenty of others though

17. windy

windy

Yes this the head off Trade-me , the seller told me that he was running it with & without a water pump without any problems but it had very high compression .
    With it being 2 pieces it is easy to open up the water jackets , but I wil;l wait & see when it turns up.

18. windy

windy

Thanks that is what I needed to see .

19. I use one from Autozone, any good group 1 will work. Just make sure you use proper sized cables, I use a 00 for the ground although that is overkill. I also ground to the trans. I know of a couple of people that use Optima but too pricey for me. I thought I would finally answer your question. Must be too simple for the rest.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  20. Optimas are lighter also. Any new 6 volt will be sufficient. I run 12 volt though. I prefer gel batteries whenever I have space. With my mastercylinder set-up though theres not enough room for a fullsize battery. For those of you running 12volt and wanting to save weight I suggest a battery suited to a honda civic as they are very small with lots of cold cranking amps.-Weeks

21. Going to be a car show in Chino this Saturday AM on Ramona across from Home Depot. It is sponsored by my grandson's Boy Scout troop. I plan on wiping the cobwebs off and slicking up my car and dragging it out of the cave and loading it up and dragging it down there.

22. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

watch out for tech inspection it mite be ill eagle

23. Thanks for the advice, but they usually don't say anything until after you win!

24. What do they call that car, the Billet Mobile? Not sure if the driver should throw it into the turns too aggressively, IMO.

25. Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  26. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I went on a tour of SCAT about a month ago and picked one up for the Rajo.

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Guys,

Im building a RHD roadster using the driveline from a 1929 LHD pickup. I've knocked out the rivet that holds the pedal shaft into the bellhousing, and trying to work out how the hell i can use these original pedals in a RHD build.

Does anyone have any pics on how they mount original pedals on a RHD build? Or perhaps any of the aussie guys have a RHD bellhousing i can have/buy?

28. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

I have two Winfield heads side by side on my bench, one is a cast iron red head and the other is a 7.5 cr aluminum Super Winfield.

The combustion chambers are very different..

The alu one has a simple pretty straight transfer area, just "dipping" into the cylinder, and no extra space around the backside of the valves. looks alot like repro the heads.

The redhead has a more countoured chamber with nice narrow pockets behind the valves and transfer "dipping" area, that looks more thought out. the edge from the valve space over to the piston relief consists of three radiuses with the center main radius concentric with piston center. and two smaller radiuses rounding it of on each side toward the sides of the compression chamber. closest thing i can think of is the contour on top side of a classic guitar. Is that a crows foot chamber?

Also, what is the secret behind the "best gaskets" mentioned sometimes here, and where can it be found?

29. joee

joee

well i've been doing hot rods,customs,race cars for 50 years and now just gettin around to do a "banger" ....we use to use bangers for "field cars" and runnin the back roads in the 60s........probably be pretty stock to start off....new intake,carb and exhaust. i'd like to find a vac. advance distrb. and use a regular gas pedal....i'll have to look around for parts.....the engine/trans/rear all turn over no noises,got the brakes working.....will start cleaning/sanding,painting frame/chassis today

30. 97

We need photos...... :D:D please!!