Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oct 11, 2014 - Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run - St Louis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Aug 18, 2014.

1. For those who have said that they didn't see the info about this run, the CrossMembersCC is hosting the last Hot Rod Hundred, of the 2014 season, on October 11, 2014. The pre-registration is set to close on September 1, so if you are planning to attend, and to snag one of the T-shirts, get that registration sent in.

The run will start in South County, cross over into Illinois, and heading south, for a rural ride down the Mississippi valley. There will be some stops along the way, allowing for coffee recycling, stretch your limbs, swap stories, and look at the other hot rods and kustoms. We'll cross back over into Missouri, at Chester, IL, and will end the run at Vance Vinyards, with a catered lunch.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This is an event for the whole family.
    2. Focus is traditional Hot Rods and Customs pre’65 vehicles.
    3. Entries need to be in by September 1, 2014.
    4. The organizers may choose to cap the number of registered participants accepted based on the final route chosen.
    5. The event is a RAIN or SHINE event.

St Louis Hot Rod Hundred Entry Form

For more information, contact Clay Vance or you can reach out to me, either via PM or e-mailing [email protected].

If you would like to see an example of how we did SWMO, check out the photos here: http://hotrodhundred.com/2014/04/22/1st-annual-hot-rod-hundred-swmo-style/

DISCLAIMER: Since this is a “driving event”, we highly recommend that all adult beverages stay at home.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. 12 days until pre-registration closes.

Event T-shirt will be the same as at the other Hot Rod Hundred events, and will be ordered based on the pre-registrations that are received. What that means: If ya want one, get yer registration sent in.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a photo of Jimmy (Gonmad), modeling one of the event T-shirts, during our SWMO event. The front of the T-shirt features a pie-crust slick on a 5 spoke, like our 2014 event sticker.

Thanks!

bret

3. Pre-Registration closes a week from today. If you are planning on joining in on the fun, be sure to get the forms printed off, filled out fully and chuck that puppy in the mail with the appropriate fundage.

For those of you whom would prefer, you can register by shooting your fundage to our PayPal account, and e-mail your entry form to me or @cvstl

4. Mid-week bump. Monday is cutoff day, for pre-registration. Before you take off for the holiday weekend, remember to fill out your form and send in your registration check, so that we can get ya on the list.

For you high tech guys, you can paypal your registration fee to [email protected] and send your registration via e-mail to the same e-mail address.

Looking forward to October 11! It'll be here before we know it.

5. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Brett, my entry goes in the mail today. Sam

6. Cool deal, Sam. I'll add ya to the spreadsheet.

7. Today is the posted pre-entry deadline. If you are planning on coming and haven't sent in your registration yet, shoot me an e-mail, so I can make sure that we order a T-shirt in your size, and throw your entry in the mail tomorrow. The other option is to paypal the money to [email protected] and send your entry info and liability release via e-mail.

Thanks!

[email protected]

8. Due to popular demand, we have decided to extend the pre-registration date out to September 15. The entry form has been updated with September 15 date, to help reduce some confusion. You may still use the paypal option to pay your entry fee, by sending payment to [email protected] and following it up with an e-mail with your form. This will still get you a T-shirt. All entries will receive the Hot Rod Hundred sticker.

Clay Vance, @cvstl, ran the route this past weekend and I believe he has chosen a great route. He will be confirming with our chosen starting location, this week, and we hope to announce that within the next few days. Once we have that confirmed, it should help any out of town folks to make their lodging arrangements.

You still can register AT the event, but there are no guarantees that we will have additional T-shirts available at that time.

http://hotrodhundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HRH_STL_2014-Entry.pdf

9. Ok...as many of you have patiently awaiting for...the starting location for the St Louis area Hot Rod Hundred has been confirmed!

We will depart from the St Louis Museum of Transportation, 2967 Barrett Station Road, St Louis, MO 63122. Check-in will begin at 8:30am, and will last until 9:30. There will be a brief meeting, prior to departure, with instructions, etc. We will provide a map of the route, at that time, along with handing out the event T-shirts and stickers.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...ata=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x824206efb1a64594

We are planning a gas stop, for those of you with thirsty engines, or small fuel tanks, at roughly 100 miles into the trip, with a remaining 25 miles to the destination point of Vance Vinyards.

Clay has been recommending the Maryland Heights/Creve Coeur area, for hotel accommodations, for those coming in from out of town.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail. [email protected] or [email protected].

10. Friday afternoon bump. Pre-registration will continue for 10 more days. Scroll to the prior post to read additional info, or feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail.

Thanks.

11. Sunday afternoon bump. 8 days left until the extended pre-registration deadline of 9/15. Deadline will not be extended a second time.

12. Mid-week bump. 5 days left to get your pre-registrations sent in. Each pre-registerd entry includes the event T-shirt, with artwork by Cooz, plus lunch for 2 at the final destination.

You may still use the paypal option to pay your entry fee, by sending payment to [email protected] and following it up with an e-mail with your form. This will still get you a T-shirt. All entries will receive the Hot Rod Hundred sticker.

http://hotrodhundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HRH_STL_2014-Entry.pdf

13. Looking forward to it!

14. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Guess I better get this thing back together....

15. Two days left and the mail doesn't run tomorrow!

16. T-shirts have been ordered. Due to this being the final 2014 event, we did a very short run of "extra" t-shirts, that will be available on the day of the event.

Only 19 more days until the event!

17. Less than 2 weeks away! Looking forward to a great run.

18. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I've got the awards just about done!! I need to make a trip up to Springfield when I get them done and drop them off with you Bret if that's cool

bchrismer likes this.
  19. Planning on a 500 mile reliability trip prior to the 100 miles for the run. Getting excited!

bchrismer likes this.
  20. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

If it's anything like our run down to OKC, it will be an epic adventure..... looking forward to seeing you guys.!!

bchrismer likes this.
  21. Cory, just give me a shout when you are planning on coming up here. I'm gonna head to StL on Thursday, the 9th.

22. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

The Hot Rod Hundred is an event not to be missed............so get in gear slackers and register!

23. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

24. A week away and I am still trying to get my car running. Still planning on it!

25. Taking my truck over to the muffler shop, this afternoon, to have them finish up the new dual exhaust. I spent the last two evenings taking out the original pipe and installing a set of Red's dual exhaust extensions from the exhaust manifolds. I have it bolted together, back to the mufflers, but they will need to preposition them to route the tail pipes.

26. One week away! I got the truck's pipes finished up, now an oil change and a good scrubbing, to remove some of the grime I got on the truck while working on it, and I am ready to roll!

You can still come and register the day of the event. We will open registration/check-in at 8:30am and you can register until 9:30. Starting location is:

Museum of Transportation
    2967 Barrett Station Rd
    St Louis, MO 63122
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...45,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x824206efb1a64594

27. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412649849.802584.jpg

Here's the "Long Haul Award" someone's going to win at this weekend's Hot Rod Hundred. I just finished it up last night.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Roothawg

Roothawg

Loading my stuff tomorrow after work!