Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Obsolete FLM Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Mar 28, 2014.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

Has anyone dealt with the guy from Obsolete FLM Parts (nosfordparts.com) in Jupiter, FL before? He deals with pre-1964 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury parts from what I saw.

I got off the phone with Robert (the owner of the parts) yesterday because he has something that I was looking for. Anyway, he got impatient because I hadn't gotten back with him fast enough today and paid him for the part yet. Keep in mind it hadn't been 18 hours yet since his last email and our last conversation.

Is this guy local to anyone? Is he legit? I am still interested in purchasing the item from him, even though he sent me a scathing email laden with insults because I wasn't hovering on my email all day and night. The rarity of the part is the only thing that has kept me from telling him what I think he can do with that part.

Anyway, I am a little leery of dealing with someone that wants his money so quickly... just trying to find out if this guy is truly out to sell parts or just screw people.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. 1959apache

1959apache

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I would shy away from anyone who berates me for not buying their parts "quick enough."
    If I lived closer to Jupiter, FL I would drive up and see his operation for you.

4. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

What is the part? Im sure you could find another one... Im sorry but if someone wants me to give them money and they insult me ill take my money elsewhere.

5. green50

green50

I agree, I'd even be willing to pay more not to have deal with someone like him. I just checked his place out on google earth, it's in a home in a residential area.

6. KUBE

KUBE
    from USA

Um, I have dealt with him a number of times in the past. Typically, I have been happy. That was in the past.
    I sent him over $300 four months ago. I have received NOTHING except a bunch of excuses. That is, NO parts, NO refund.
    My advice? Stay far away from him.I am a very patient person and understand all of us have issues we must deal with in our personal lives. Still, none of that excuses STEALING, which is =, in my opinion, what he has done with me.
    If anything changes in my situation, I will be certain to post such.

By the way, I have copies of all correspondence both to and from him.

7. probably a middleman. takes your order then starts trying to find it at another location' buys it if he can find it has it shipped to him and them sells it to you. you could probably find what your looking for yourself and save a couple of bucks

8. 1959apache

1959apache

I agree wth everyone here. It is a core support for my Plymouth coupe. Nos part, unmolested and in good shape. I found some others in wrecking yards for the same price. South Dakota and out west... Just a weird part to find. A couple people messaged me about it on this forum but really haven't come through with anything.

9. 1959apache

1959apache

Well, I just received another email from him... sounds like he is still upset because I "wasted his time" and he also shoved how much money he makes in my face.. again...

I would probably stay away from this dude if you haven't already... really a class act..

Here's the less intense excerpt from our correspondence:

It’s just amusing how people like you are time wasters. I don’t sell car parts for a living. You don’t live where I live by just selling old car parts. It’s something I do on the side because I normally enjoy it. I get parts for my cars when I buy large lots and I put the rest for sale. What’s on my site is really just little crap that I don’t care for. I would say over 90% of my parts are not listed on my site.

Anyway, I’m wasting more time. I actually brought the support to my house from my warehouse yesterday to have it here for the supposed pick-up. I don’t have parts at my house because I’m on Jupiter Island and we just don’t store parts here. Our house is just some 200 feet from the Atlantic. I imagine you’ve looked that up already. The $150 you would have paid would have just been a down payment for a pair of shoes for my wife. You have no idea.

10. wow ,what a jerk. i'd stay away from him

11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

After what Kube said I wouldn't deal with the guy.....not to mention his professionalism displyed in the emails.....huge warning flag!

12. belair

belair

Life is too short to deal with idiots like that.

13. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

Used to be and may still be Testarudo on flea-pay. He has a lot of good stuff now and then and I've purchased from him before but I never try to contact him. I just pay and wait. If it goes beyond 30-days (which hasn't happened to me yet), I'd file grievance with flea pay and that usually gets the job done but it might be the last time he will sell to a person that goes that route. The guy doesn't like people so he is likely a hermit type best avoided if possible.

14. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Man,that guy sounds like a real piece of work!