Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Whats going on in Feb???!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Whiskey, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Whiskey

Whiskey

Hey guys I need a little Help....A friend of mine is taking her Vacation in Feb. She wants me to take her anywhere away from Wichita...Shes just now gettin really into cars and I've been trying to introduce her to as many car influenced people as I know...the more excited she gets about it the better her chances are to stick with it and lord knows we could all use another car chick!!
    Anyway I've been outta the loop for awhile so I have no idea what, if any car shows or weekenders are going on next month. We live in Wichita KS so we can pretty much get anywhere. Oh and the more cars around the better! Or single car guys haha I'd like to find her a real man no more of the sissy asses she hangin round now [​IMG]
    Any ideas?!
    Thanks a Ton,
    Whiskey

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

When in February? The World of Wheels show is roaming around the Midwest. The Chicago one sucks. Really, really sucks, but I hear the one in Indy is good and I think that's the first weekend in Feb, but I'm not sure. There may be another one closer to you. Other than that, not much happenin in the Midwest in Winter. Oh, there MAY be the SLOT CARS of DEATH race, but that may be too sissy for you. [​IMG]

3. Carl Caspar's show in Louisville KY Not sure which weekend but a friend of mine is having the Rat Fink Reunion there;panel jam and charity auction and Ed's wife will be there.I want to drive the Safari down but we hit freezing rain last year and with no wipers that don't get it.

4. Whiskey- the World of Wheels is in KC in Feb- its about as exciting as a funeral home visitation..... [​IMG].[kinda early for car events in midwest huh?]...Jus have her register on HAMB and when all the single guys answer her intro [a thousand times] -she can pic one and start dating a car guy- thats a more direct plan???? [​IMG]

5. lol, what a co-inky-dink. I am a single car guy, and have a 4 day weekend in February as well. Anyone want to visit Florida ?

Attached Files:

6. Whiskey

Whiskey

haha l'm not sure l want to expose her to all you heathens at once [​IMG] I'd rather her meet a few here and a few there besides that most of you are way kooler in person than on this thing....she can take it anytime in Feb depending on whats going on when, is when l'll tell her to get her time off. l wish she could wait till March but they won't let her...

Whiskey

7. First weekend in Feb. is the Orlando Rumbler's show. PM or Email NADS for more info.

The weekend of the 13-16 I have off...[​IMG]

8. To bad she can't wait till March! The Lone Star Round Up is where its at!

9. There is the 40th Annual Darryl Starbird Rod & Custom Show in Tulsa Feb. 13-15, Sacramento AutoRama Feb.6-8, Seattle Roadster Show Feb. 27-29 just to name a few.

10. Whiskey

Whiskey

l really really want her to go to the round up even if l don't make it this year which l'm doing my best to make sure l can...we'll see l may still be able to finagle sumthin up for that show

11. Whiskey you still slingin' oneshot? Or just busy with the Devil Doll thang right now? Maybe you can do some striping for me if you make it to the Round Up.

12. Whiskey

Whiskey

its devil bunnies...and of course l'm still slingin the one shot would you expect any less from me...I'm afraid l'm not quite ready to retire to just being another pretty face....besides that l have a world to take over and if l stop all those guys are gonna start gettin cocky someone has to keep them on their toes might as well be yours truly...

Whiskey

13. Sorry Whiskey I stand corrected, Devil Bunnies it is. You keep slingin one shot cuz there is a whole world to conquer. Hope to see ya in Austin.

14. dixiedog

dixiedog

FWIW - there is the Zephyrhills show & swap outside Tampa - and the Spring Swap at Sumpter Co. Fairgrounds - then there is the Moultrie show NW of Valdosta Ga. (not a great place to take a date though). [​IMG]

15. kustomd

kustomd

I think there are some shows in Louisiana in feb. but I will have to check what they are. There is also a few up in north arkansas I believe same as missouri. Good to hear your still slingin one shot. Ever get the 60 goin? I'll have my chopped 54 going soon I'll hopefully post some pics soon. Set her up with the MONKEY MAN!! from tulsa [​IMG] Hopefully I might get to go to the roundup considering its not that far away from me.

16. Sounds like it is time to organize a show for your friend.

I need to come to Tulsa and check in on Sexton and Monkey
    anyway, let's make a show out of it. I'm always looking
    for an excuse to drive the hot rod.
    TZ

17. raven

raven

How about a KC garage crawl/get-to-gether?
    I'm sure we could pull that together in time.
    There are plenty of projects going on near here.
    r

18. Whiskey

Whiskey

I'm likin this Tulsa Idea..I miss the monkey man way too much...and that whole crew down there is always a blast to hang with...Whatta say Flt Blk KustomD you guy think you might be up for it? I have to work tonight actually l need to get to steppin out the door but l'll talk to her and find out what weekend she was plannin to take off...let me know whats good for you guys too...Viva La Tulsa!!!!

ps anybody know where monkey is? haha we prolly outta ask him too

19. Don't leave town on Feb 6, 7 or you'll miss the Sunflower A's swap meet at the Colleseum. At least I think that's the weekend.

20. Big 3 Swapmeet in San Diego at the end of Feb. Gotta love them palm trees.Gotta look better than Kansas.

21. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green"> The Tulsa gang is still here. Monkey is working like crazy to get ready for Starbird.

I am just working like crazy.

If you DFW boys head this way let us know. </font>

22. tred

tred

23. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Alright Boys and Girls!!!!

Yes..workin workin workin. Put a new starter on, cut out my new bed for the back of the truck and in the middle of painting it, have my home-made spiders almost done thanks to Flt-Blk and got my skull and crossbones sanded and polished for the center of my steering wheel. Things are coming together slowly but the freakin cold weather sucks for trying to get anything done. I am sure looking forward to everyone coming down next weekend. Valentines day will never be the same!!!

I need to make sure everyone has a place to stay for the weekend.

Bass, are you still coming? What about Bubba and his woman? Flt-Blk, Whiskey and her friend are a go for sure. We are working on getting you guys passes for the show on Sat. Sorry I haven't been around lately. Just been working hard trying to get things done on the truck. Post back in and let me know what's lined up. I know Tyler is coming in Friday night. I figured we could all go out to dinner on Friday night and maybe head to Dead Town after that. Then Sat be at the show all day and then head to Dead Town that night.
    Let me know what everyone's plans are and we will go from here. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

later,
    monkey

Attached Files: