Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T - Pit bike for Day of the Drags!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLAKE, Oct 28, 2003.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

So while I've been waiting for carb parts for the coupe, I decided to tear into my '70 Swing Bike. I finally got it back together tonight... still need some doo-dads her and there, but she's satin black/white/chrome just like the others.

Might need to set up a slalom course outside the Continental to see what folks can do on this thing - helmet required! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

Man,
    That looks cool.

If you don't mind..
    Could you explain that bike to me? Why is it designed like that? Is that a spring on there??
    I have never seen one like that before.

JT.

3. Looks like a DEATH BIKE to me. [​IMG]

4. oddrod

oddrod

i used to have one of those for my paper route! man you could do some crazy stuff with it. i think mine was yellow and black. what a blast, stevo

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Awww you guys are messin with me.

Come on.....let me in on it....WWAAaaaa!

WHAT will that bike do? I wanna play too. [​IMG]

JT.

6. daddylama

daddylama

I used to have one of those!!!
    Still have the scars to prove it, too...
    what a blast those bikes are...
    wonder how many law suits they were the base of...
    Try riding without the straitening spring yet? Thats what got the scar collection started...

7. Anderson

Anderson

Looks like its got two forks that turn...the whole rear portion is seperate from the frame, the seat turns with it too. Then of course the front fork turns. The spring is there to keep a little tension on the rear half so it doesn't go as insane as it could. Am I right guys?

8. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I've always wanted to try one of those out. You bring that to the drags 62Buford, and I'll be first in line to give it a go.

You think that ride is crazy?
    Anyone that see's me or Lefty at the drags get us to tell you about a ride we saw at a swap meet called the
    LA LA KART. I had never seen one and I'm sure it killed many a kids stopping all production of them. Too tough to explain here. It has to be visual. The guy selling it tried to give us a demo in cowboy boots at the old Pate swap grounds. To this day I wished we had pulled our money together to buy it just to watch people fall off it.

9. DrJ

DrJ

I rode one of those a couple of years ago..
    Fuckin' Nuts!

10. james

james

Damn, I had one of those in about 80'-81'. Don't know what happened to it. Probably sold it cause Mom didn't like 20 bikes filling up the garage. I've been thinking about making one....

11. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Needs a MOTOR!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. I want to see a video of somebody falling of that contraption. Maybe try Seth Enslow looks like his type of pain.

13. magnet

magnet

Seth Enslow rocks, i freaked when i saw the sand dune jump... my friend growing up had one of those swing bikes.. it was his older brothers.. we used to steal it and ride it uptown. It was great :)

14. BLAKE

BLAKE

Yeah, the rear wheel/seat/crank assembly is a separate piece that swivels - you can 'steer' both the front and rear wheels. The springs bring the rear assembly back to center... or you can lock out the swivel with a latch and ride it like a plain ol' (boring) bike.

It'll definitely take the skin off'n your elbows!

67IMP - it'll be at The Drags!

15. krupanut

krupanut

Oh boy, can't wait to see Outlaw , Bass and Big Ric on that thing after a few lonestars. [​IMG]

16. Rocknrod

Rocknrod
    from NC, USA

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

18. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

God damn!!! Does everything have to match your car????

-Jason

19. BLAKE

BLAKE

Two rattle cans of Satin Black were on the shelf in the garage... it was fate.

But, to answer your question Mr Wise-Ass, "NO"... I have bigger, more colorful plans for 'Squank!' (my mini-bike).

Now let me up. [​IMG]

20. Crease

Crease

Cool, very cool!

21. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

It was designed to bust your butt.They are a hoot to ride.

22. Blake the bike looks great! After Phil gets his turn and if there is anything left I would like to give it a try.

23. purple

purple

[ QUOTE ]
    Here are some drawings... original patent... http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9338/swingpat.html

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> I just check out this site. In the list of pics I found a local guy. His is the first homemade one listed. Only knew he was local because of his email addy (shasta.com). I'm gonna see his bike this weekend. [​IMG] </font>