Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/t My Last Day Of Work - Retiring Today- Yeeeeeeeeeeessss

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FEDER, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

Congratulations ...
    I retired the end of June ... 2005

Two years have just flown by...

Get up when you want to
    Go where you want to
    Go what you want ... not what the BOSS wants ... it is great.

ENJOY ... :D

2. knotheads

knotheads

congrats FEDER..here is to a long and healthy retirement !you earned it .

3. rustrustler

rustrustler

welcome to the brotherhood. I think you'll find that life now becomes six Saturdays and a Sunday and you don't work weekends. Life is Goooooood!!!

4. have fun!!!! i wish i would have thought about city/gov sooner....i was a dumb kid. i still have 20+ years for me but at least i like the place i'm at now.

5. old beet

old beet

Good on you FED!! Its a wonderfull day! Now we can get on doin what we do best......Sex, drugs, Rock n Roll and hotrods.....PICK TWO!! Happy for ya!!!..........OLDBEET

6. Congratulations,you made it!Now get the gold watch and run like hell!I bet in a year,you'll look back and wonder how you ever had time to work,because you'll be so busy doing other more enjoyable things.;)

7. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Congrats, enjoy YOUR time! After the last two days at work i was ready to "retire" too!

8. S.F.

S.F.

Man Id like to retire today

9. bohlsd

bohlsd

Congratulations, I am hoping to retire at the end of this year. If had not been for my wife insisting, some years ago, that I get a "real job" with the City of Austin (I worked as a mechanic, on race cars and sold speed equipment) I would probably never have been this close. The only thing you got from most of the places I worked, before becoming a public employee, was a kick in the ass on the way out. (Gov. job is boring as hell and lots of petty BS but has good benefits and retirement)

10. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Congratulations, I did it three years ago. The only down side to retirement, you can't get a day off.

11. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

I would say your lucky,but luck has not got you out of bed every day at 4:30am for the last38 years.you earned it Pop's.looking forward to your new begining.
    Justyn

12. cretin

cretin

lucky bastard, I've got about 36ish years to go

13. old beet

old beet

What if we had Bailey-Federmeyer Drags?...Call it BFD..Sorry Sam!..OLDBEET

14. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Awesome. Congrats.

15. phat rat

phat rat

Any bets on which two he can handle? LOL

16. Congratulations!

I retired four years ago after 26 years in law enforcement...on call 24/7 for most of it...officiated at about 1,500 death scenes.

I've since learned why retirees always look younger within a year. It's the result of going from living from one bad thing to the next, as is the case in many workplaces, to living from good thing to good thing.

I tell folks that being retired means you can wake up with diarrhea and know it's still gonna be a good day.

17. old beet

old beet

He likes Music and Cars?...........OLDBEET

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Nice, my Dad just retired as well, and he's having the time of his life.
    Congratulations, enjoy.

19. old beet

old beet

If I wake up its a good day! Ha Ha!..........OLDBEET

20. Congratulations, I know the feeling I retired from launching rockets for Lockheed Martin at age 58 last year. Best thing I ever did, love playing with my grandkids and old cars. Rags

21. FEDER

FEDER

THANKYOU ALL . Had the party after work yesterday, sat in the bar and talked about all the funny shit We all did throughout the years.
    So Im gonna start off My first day welding in a roll bar in a 50 Chev I bent up a few weeks ago. So i better get to work ---FUCK !! DID I JUST SAY THAT ??? Thanks again Fellas FEDER

22. aint that the truth!!!!

23. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

leave some money for me when i retire.

24. Happy hotrodding,can't wait,I got a good 10 years to go.When your a hotrodder there's always something to do Working interferes with building/reading/dragracing time,Love it when people win the lottery and go back to work????They just cannot be working with the same assholes I gotta deal with.