Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T ignition rant ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirthawker1313, Jun 8, 2006.

1. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

so i leave to go to work today and i can get my daily driver 1992 isuzu trooper started. it seems something inside the cylinder where the key goes has gone wrong. i freakin giggle and cuss and spray wd-40 and cuss...then i tear the cover off of the steering colum.i figure ill just take it apart and start it with a screw driver. i get the back off and get it started then i have to undo the cable for the shift lock to release the shifter.. at this point im late to work and i start to back up when the steering locks...&^%$..%$^%...&^%$...well at this point i need to replace the cylinder but i cant get it out of the housing.. a new one is 100 bucks..no problem but i cant get the fucker out........any ideas? oh and thanks for letting me vent..ive been on it for 3 hours.. it it was my ford id be done with it in 20 min..

2. I have one at the yard. theres a little hole in the ignition housing that you poke a little tool into to release it. I think it needs to be in the accy or start position to come out. If it doesnt turn you are pretty hosed.

I might have a whole assembly I can sell you less than a new one.

3. yep, that er if it's like some you have to take a flathead srewdriver and a hammer then punch it in a specific spot. Just have to check maybe Chiltons or something like that for your car.

4. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

i finally got it out...i dont think theres a thing that a flathead screwdriver and a hammer cant fix !!!