Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T I need comp help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratstar, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ratstar

ratstar

My computer wont view Flash stuff so I go to the site and download the new flash player. So it still doesnt work. I can view anything. youtube, stuff on the hamb that has flash. What the hell is it doing this for? I check the internet options and it says that javascript is enabled and all that crap, so what can I do?

2. squirrel

squirrel

rejoice! I intentionally don't have flash installed on my computer, because all that dancing shit all over the screen drives me nuts.

but if you actually WANT to be annoyed with all that crap....you'll probably have to format your hard drive and install windows again....unless you're a rocket surgeon and can figure out the problem.

3. ratstar

ratstar

Well sounds good enough for me. I just wanted to see the calendar!

4. What operating system and browser are you using ?

--

I hate Flash Shit too.

5. squirrel

squirrel

go anywhere there's a computer connected to the internet, like your neighbor's house, a library, a friend or relative, and look at the calendar. and leave your computer alone.

6. ratstar

ratstar

I use IE. But I'm seeing what you guys are sayin about the flash. Seems to liven up the comp. Just some sites I cant view totally.

7. screwtheman

screwtheman

I second the Firefox recommendation. The flash player install is totally seamless too.

8. squirrel

squirrel

but with firefox you can't turn off flash without uninstalling it, so it also sucks.

Could be that I'm the only one allergic to flash?

no, my son is too, he told me recently that he put flash on his laptop, and the ads drove him nuts, so he took it off, and uses his friend's computer to watch the occasional youtube movie that he has to watch for whatever reason.

9. Also depends on what toolbar you have....Google stops almost everything from opening.I have to hold my control key to open a lot of stuff at times.