Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Got Hit by Tornado Friday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studeboy, Aug 26, 2007.

1. studeboy

studeboy

Our house was hit by an EF3 Tornado friday afternoon. Luckily I heard the sirens and got the family into the basement in time. My family and I got out with out a scratch but the house and the barn are destroyed though. The county inspector condemned our house yesterday so we can't get in to get any of our belongings. Both of our dailys are not driveable. We are staying with my inlaws for now, but will probably be moving to something more permanant in the next week or two. My barn is a total loss as there is only 2 walls still on the property and they're both trash too. Our 50 ford ended up in the back yard about 60 feet from where it was with a HUGE dent in the roof and other dents all over (Thinkin carson top) The studebaker is ok (I think but it has a wall of the barn on it though I can see the hood is flat as a pancake. Sorry for rambling.

http://video.woodtv.com/?video_id=8004

In the video our house is last one before the trees on the near side of the road in the arial shot. If you look close you can see the Ford in the backyard.

Eric

2. plmczy

plmczy

Glad to hear you and the family are ok. Thank god for modern warning systems. later shawn

3. Thumper

Thumper

Glad to hear you and your family are safe. We can always fix them cars.

4. Notorious

Notorious

Thank God you and your family are fine. We just never know when our lives could change so quickly. I hope you're soon able to salvage what you can and start rebuilding your life.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Glad you reacted quickly and got your family out of harms way. Sometimes people wait too long before getting under cover.

Frank

6. Wow. All we keep hearing about are the ones in Fenton and Chohactah. Never a word about this one, and it looks much worse.

Glad you're ok!

Jay

7. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

you are a lucky man, family safe is number one, living in okla where tornadoes are very often i sometimes get complacent with them but as i can see even in your area it can happen , take care and good luck you have our prayers........

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sending a little something upstairs for you! Sorry to hear!

9. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Glad to hear you made it out. Can any of us help you out? Care packages etc?

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Dang, I didn't hear about that one either. Hope all is well and if you need anything, PM.

11. chopped

chopped

When you fill out your contents list put in every damn thing you can think of. Every Q-Tip, roll of TP. I was in the business and found people get tired of the process and cheat THEMSELVES out of thousands of dollars.

12. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Man that sucks.Glad you and the family are Ok.
    Best wishes for the future from down south.

13. Man thank god you and your family are OK, I've been woken up in the middle of the night by the sirens at my moms in Missouri before & its a scary thing. Sorry to hear about your loses, if we can help out in any way let us know.

14. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

wow. thats horrible. glad to know you guys are ok.

15. studeboy

studeboy

Thanks guys. The post wasn't really started for a handout so much as I just needed to tell somebody what was going on here. Luckily we were headed to the cottage this weekend so we had a couple days of clothes in the truck that we could get to. If we do need something I'll let you guys know. I know that when the house and barn are finished the ford is gonna be top priority.

Thank again guys!!!! Aside from the car stuff this is why I love this place.

Eric

16. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Saw the title and thought, "that sucks, Toronados are big cars". Turns out it's even worse! Good luck!

17. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Glad you and the family are O.K. every thing else can be replaced.

18. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Sorry to hear that. Good to hear your family is alright.