Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. .... a Development Engineer at Ford in Dearborn. I work with truck braking systems.

2. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Telephone cable splicer...much of the work I do is in rural areas, always seeing old tin.

3. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

I have a Masters in Automotive Engineering from the University of Michigan. So, obviously, I design little trim moldings to be taped onto cars, at a "Fortune 3" company. It's really big. I'm not sure if they remember I work there. I wonder what would happen if I stopped going?

j-jock likes this.
  4. Noname38

Noname38

5. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Street Rod Shop foreman. I walk around all day and tell people how to build cars. We have 16 employees, so that uses up my day. When I do have a break, I get to road test every car we built or repair. Typically on a complete build, we will drive them 200 - 500 miles before releasing them to the customer just to be sure they are ok. Do I enjoy it?, well I guess it's ok! As an example, today I had to drive a 34 5 window, a 57 Chevy hardtop, a 57 Chevy truck, 34 Cabriolet, and a 32 Vicky. No brag, just fact!

www.arizonastreetrods.com

6. slacker91

slacker91
    from Emmaus, PA

i have the worst job of any of you...i am the head/senior cook at the local Pizza Hut, and i make 6.50 an hour. Word of advice, never eat at any pizza hut...discusting...

7. LongT

LongT

Electron Microscopist in a company that supports the electronics industry.

8. demonspeed

demonspeed

I build performance and racing engines. (see the link in the profile or the thread on the HAMB o' dex). It says you're looking for a career change so my only advice is don't build engines for a living haha. seriously though if that's what you were planning on i definitely wouldn't recommend it. It sounds a lot cooler than it really is.

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I thought them suckers came frozen and you just slapped them in a microwave.;) :D

Bigdog, I LOVE my Bud man. He always brings me free goodies.........and beer.:D
    xxx

10. Gash

Gash
    from IL

LOL, now that right theres' funny, I don't care who ya' are....:D

11. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

I "run" a CNC mill at school... and by "run" I mean I break expensive tools with amazing ease.

> Cycle Start
    "Did I set my tool offset right?"

BAM

"Shit"

[​IMG]

12. Tcoupe

Tcoupe

Soon to be full time College student....My job for the last 5 years is moving production to Mexico.

13. Scrap Heap

Scrap Heap

I work on a city paving crew. Putting down the asphalt for your rides, and rubbing management the wrong way every chance I get.

14. Automotive Technology instructor. aka....Vo-Tech teacher

Attached Files:

15. 27 years servicing and selling copiers, printers and fax machines. yawn.

16. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We just watched that the other night! OH man what the hell were you guys wearing! Gotta love the 80's Animal Chin, have you seen him?

17. I'm a disc jockey....Rock 'n Roll DaddyO

18. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I was a union carpenter for fifty years, now retired an playing with cars an loving it. But first had to build my own garage.

19. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Flunked my army physical in 71, rode bulls and a rodeo clown for the next 10 years or so, owned a pipeline company for 16 years, and now a superintendant for a foundation company[pour house slabs]. Nobody else would hire me. TP

20. Land Surveyor/Draughtsman. We specialize in Machine Alignment & project managemnt/civil works. I do a lot of Subdivision layouts for varying size properties...Best project so far was control & alignment during construction of a super sonic wind tunnel for the defense force, never got to see it run though :(

21. p-nor

p-nor

i'm a service/repair plumber. nothing fancy, just what you'd expect.

paul

22. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

agricultural mechanic. Mostly work on Combines, balers, tractors, seeders, sprayers, etc. Everything from engines/powertrains, welding/fab, hydraulics, electrical, computers, etc.
    Its alright, pay sucks but the work is good.
    All at the local new holland dealership.

23. Automotive & equiptment mechanic for the city of Omaha...24 years--big deal.
    I wanna train to be the piano player in a whorehouse...'ceptn I can't play the piano.

24. DOUBLEZO

DOUBLEZO
    from SACramento

I Drive A Big Brown U.p.s. Truck And Deliver Packages. Cool Job But Hard Work.

25. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I am an architectural sign fabricator. Some designer dreams it up, we argue about how to build it, then we build it and the painters paint it. Some samples.

Attached Files:

26. Journeyman Electrician industrial and commercial also Irrigation service tecnician.

27. kentucky

kentucky

I've been a firefighter/EMT for 6 1/2 years. I am currently a Lieutenant and a HAz-Mat Technician.

I've considered getting out due to low pay, but I love the work and the schedule, plus I can retire in 13 1/2 years. Probably will go back to scool then and get a "real job";)

28. jimbob

jimbob

Aircraft Maintenence Engineer by trade, but currently working for the Australian War Memorial restoring WWI and WWII aircraft and vehicles. Love it.

29. Don't work, it got in the way of all the projects!

Was a Honda service technician and shop forman.

30. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

In real life I'm an E.R. doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Espress last night.

Doc.

j-jock likes this.