Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA Nats folks: New Hotels 40 mi from Louisville fairgrounds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wild Turkey, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

I live in Elizabethtown and have watched several new hotels going up at Exit 94 off I-65, about 40 miles from the Fairgrounds in Louisville so if you're looking for a place to stay and not having any luck in L'ville check a little further out.

You also might check out the "Swope Cars of Yesterday" museum swopemuseum.com

(Not associated with anyone -- just someone who loves to see the old cars well done!)

teach'm likes this.
  2. wicarnut

wicarnut

Thanks for the tip, I always stayed near the fairgrounds, cruising the lots was part of the fun, but the motels greed/markup for the event was one of many reasons I stopped going, I understand it's just business and the attendance is still good so "It Is What It Is" Like many things, it's sit down, shut up, write the check or stay home. LOL

3. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

No need to drive 40 miles each way. Search hotels/motels Middletown, KY. Lots of choices, very safe area, lots of restaurants and 15 minutes or less to Fairgrounds. I have several out of town friends who stayed in this area for years.

Gary

5. PaRatRod

PaRatRod

I will be driving almost 2 hours from Bowling Green to Louisville. I am staying there (Camping) from the 1st till the 11th. Camping is cheap $$$$ in comparison. I will go to NSRA for a day and then next Fri/Sat is the Tri-Five nationals in bowling green. That, plus the Corvette museum and the Corvette plant tour. A fun filled 10 days of car stuff!