Register now to get rid of these ads!

Now What?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slobroy, Mar 18, 2011.

1. slobroy

slobroy

Well I finally got the banger timed in the Model A. Starts right up and sounds strong. I had problems with no power, but I think that's resolved. So I wanted to test drive it. Ya right, Put it in gear pulled slowly up the drive then a low sounding "klunk" then nothing no forward or reverse. naadaa. Pushed her back in the garage and put it in gear and was able to push it easily while in gear. I'm not looking forward to tearing into this as it's all stock, banjo, enclosed drive shaft. Pulled the inspection cover on the bell housing every thing looks good there. Started it up every thing spins like it should. Transmission goes in and out of gear like it should. No noise like parts loose and being tossed around inside. I'm thinking main shaft in transmission or drive shaft. Or center of clutch seperated. What do you guys think?

2. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

I think if ya been living clean and yer real lucky then somebody fergot to tighten up a U-joint. If yer luck is more like mine then it's time for a transmissional autopsy.

3. flathead4d

flathead4d

Might be a rear axel. Jack up the rear and turn the wheels. If anythings broke there you should be able to tell.

4. slobroy

slobroy

Well when I get back from vacation it's going up on jack stands and starting from rear end forward and trying to diagnose the problem. I just wanted to drive this baby. It was for sale but I'm thinking about keeping it and try to enjoy it. Thanks guys.

5. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

When ya get back PM me. I'm less than 20 miles from you, retired, bored, and glad to lend a hand.
    jimmy

6. slobroy

slobroy

Thanks Jimmy, I may take you up on that.