Register now to get rid of these ads!

Now what do i do with THIS?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nefarious Art, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

[​IMG] Just got this yesterday. first custom, first chop- i'm just finishing it so i can't (and probably don't want to) claim it. But anyway wtf should i do here? I'm thinking about cutting a section out from the top of the window and up to the top of the pie cut all the way across, then forming a new piece that carries the curve of the roof along to the back window. right? maybe???

2. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Do you have a full side shot? I'd like to see the lines as-is. I'm no expert, just curious.

-Chris

3. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

4. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

well add some metal in and weld it shut if you are choping it....

5. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

I'm talking about getting the roofline right- as of right now it has a valley where the two angles meet that i need to flatten out.

6. chevyshack

chevyshack

Im no expert but looks like you need to cut out some metal on both sides and weld in some that follows the new body line. Unless you can tip the glass part up to follow the new roof line better and piece it in that way.

7. boldventure

boldventure

Make some cardboard profile templates. Seperate the sections and wiggle them till they aproximate the templates tack in the metal you need and go from there. Brace the under structure first! The stuff will wobble and warp otherwise.

8. We can't see enough of the car to give you any reasonably good advice. Based on what little I can see your roof doesn't come back far enough or the rear window sheet metal needs to come forward.

Give us half a chance though...take more pics showing more of th car, particularly the side view.

Charlie

9. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Make card board templates out of construction paper first before metal.We need to see better pictures.Looks like he tacked at the top.Hows it look. Remember flow.

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

bridge it with a new piece of sheetmetal to eliminate the dip, , for the sail panels, make a cardboard template, and get someone to wheel the compound curve in, ,

11. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

Had the same problem with the merc I can explain it better if you want to call me too much to type .I would like to see a full side shot of the car to get the line right.Drop me a line and I'll give you my number.

12. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

nevermind guys i got it- thanks anyways for all your help but i just had to start welding on it to really get it. startin to come together i think i know where i'm going with this now.