Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nova Clip vs S-10 Clip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AcadianKid, Nov 28, 2008.

1. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Can anyof you tell me the width difference in these, I am doing a 59 Cheb and want to know which one would be better to use? I know the nova clips are getting hard to find. And s10 I could use the trans too, and it would def com with disc brakes. Any ideas, or a better clip choice??? Thanks guys
    Cory

2. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

im in the middle of a 59 project myself i chose a camaro subframe it was cheap and easy to find its not too much bigger than the nova and its basically same disc brakes springs crossmember etc. the rails are a little wider than the nova. ill post or pm some pics as soon as i find out how to get pics on here. there is a guy who stocks most subs almost year round in the chicago area ill find the number and post it soon

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

To the best of my knowledge, its apples and oranges. The S10 clip is narrower than the Nova by something like 3-4 inches. One is going to work and one won't.

4. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

5. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Nova or Camaro. Camaro is easier. (second gen)

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yeah, show us where to...

a. get a pacer front end.

b. get reasonable priced rebuild parts for it

get a 2nd gen camaro subframe for your 59.

7. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

The S-10 is really a frame, not a clip. For a big car like yours, the nova/camaro would be fine.

8. phat rat

phat rat

Some of you seem to think there's a difference between Nova and Camaro, there isn't. Camaro thru 69 and Nova thru 74 were rear steer. 70 up Camaro and 75 up Nova were front steer.

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

That would be the difference I am talking about. This is why I say "second gen."

and there are subtle differences. I have whacked my shin on too many to not notice things such as additional crossmembers.