Register now to get rid of these ads!

not polished

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48_HEMI, Feb 25, 2004.

1. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

haven't polished the chrome but the photo probably won't show the dirt

Attached Files:

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

try one more

Attached Files:

3. Rocket88

Rocket88

That's a mighty big engine!
    Looks good.

4. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I just hope its big enough to keep Rockys killer pontiac in sight at MOKAN this summer [​IMG]

5. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I reworked the window opening and figured I should patch the 24 bullet holes that I was willing to over look ten years ago when I was in a hurry to get it on the road [​IMG]

6. Iceberg

Iceberg

What size Hemi is that? Manifold? What type of tranny are you running? It's going to be one nasty ride when you are done.
    I know I really enjoyed filling all the bullet holes in my '35 pickup. I guess I shouldn't have shot up all the old cars I used to find when I was a kid!

7. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

that motor is a 354 chrysler that has been in that car since 1958. the manifold is a 6 two's cross ram that someone modified for the dual quads.
    its a 48 ford business coupe that I've built into a 48 3 window coupe. its been sitting in the back of my shop for years and I've just moved it up front and expect to drive it to Mokan this summer and kick ass on Rocky's 41 pontiac [​IMG]

I also have two dodge Hemi's and a 35 ford windshield that I'll throw in as part payment on that 57 dodge. [​IMG]

8. Nice to see you're working on the garage ornament again, Jim. I've walked a round this car and stood back to gaze at it's smooth lines...it's a kick-ass car alright.
    Oh, hey.....while I got ya on the line, check out the latest toy for the 389 Poncho....

Attached Files:

9. Rocket88

Rocket88

Excellent!!!!!!!
    Hemi vs. Poncho, let the bench racing begin!
    Sounds way more exciting then Rambler wars. [​IMG]

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Rocky, What about those spacer plates I see in the picture? You wouldn't be thinking about CHEATING would you? BUSTED!!!!!! hehehe!!!

Frank

11. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Rocky you're just adding more weight with that extra carb, single 2 Barrel is about 25%. I'm thinking highway gear for the trip and street tires, that should slow me down to pontiac speeds (about 14.0) [​IMG]

12. Machinos

Machinos

13. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Eric I missed the tranny part.

I'm running a sheifer aluminum flywheel a twin disc clutch in front of a clutch-flite

If your not familar the Clutch-flite. Its an old school race trans. this particular one came out of a HEMI powered Fiat Altered and is rated for 1500 horsepower. So it ought to hold up to my puny 157 horse (that's like 550 pontiac horses Rocky) power.its a modified 727 torqueflite that has the stock bellhousing lopped off and adapted to a can (scattershield) and has a clutch instead of a converter.it has a full manual valve body and a pushbutton shifter out of a A/FX mopar.

you launch it like a stick shift and go thru the gears like an automatic. the main advantage that I see is twofold for a lowly driver like my coupe no heat build up from a loose converter, so I'll get full lock up and better milage on the highway to MOKAN
    [​IMG]

14. Jim-Bob.....you're lucky. I'm gonna let you off the hook this year. I won't tear my coupe down this year to update it with genu-wine V/8 Pontiac parts [saluting] because I don't yet have everything I need. Nor do I have a complete plan formulated yet but I'm leaning toward doing a subframe swap when installing the new engine & trans. Plans call for running the old antique flathead 6 banger all this year. I plan on driving the old girl to MoKan this summer but don't expect me to kick your ass until next year, at the earliest.

15. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

That sounds pretty cool 48. Is there a kit for turning a regular torqueflite into a clutch-flite? or a list of reccomended parts? Or was this a manufactured trans??? I'd really be interested to know...

16. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

[ QUOTE ]
    Jim-Bob.....you're lucky. I'm gonna let you off the hook this year. I won't tear my coupe down this year to update it with genu-wine V/8 Pontiac parts I plan on driving the old girl to MoKan this summer but don't expect me to kick your ass until next year, at the earliest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee Rocky you're breaking my heart [​IMG] and you're a wise man to boot! the old" one in the hand" shit, got a driver, drive it.

Attached Files:

17. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

[ QUOTE ]
    Jim-Bob.....you're lucky. I'm gonna let you off the hook this year. I won't tear my coupe down this year to update it with genu-wine V/8 Pontiac parts I plan on driving the old girl to MoKan this summer but don't expect me to kick your ass until next year, at the earliest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee Rocky you're breaking my heart [​IMG] and you're a wise man to boot! the old" one in the hand" shit, got a driver, drive it.
    also it will give me time for plan "B" a 392 with 168 horsepower

Attached Files: