Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not old enough

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by goldmountain, Mar 1, 2020.

1. goldmountain

goldmountain

ayala.jpg Way back in Rodder's Journal #39, Pat Ganahl wrote an article about the Ayala brothers. There was this incredible photo taken of Al welding on the cowl. What got my attention was that weird welding equipment he was using. Never seen anything like that. Eventually, I paid a visit to my pal, Jim Stewart, who was the best welder I knew. Jim was considerably older than me and a bit of a packrat. With the magazine in my hand, I asked what that thing was. We were sitting at his kitchen table and he proceeded to take a cover off something beside me. The thing in the picture was an acetylene generator and here I was sitting next to one! View attachment 4593738

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2020
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I turned the pic for ya

3. tractorguy

tractorguy

Yes......I worked in a small town Iowa Chevrolet dealership in the 1960's thru 1974 during high school and college. We had an acetylene generator just like that on our torch set. Used it all the time. I still remember the "over center" lever on the top which you flipped up and down to get acetylene flowing.......I notice it is down in this photo ??

lothiandon1940 likes this.