Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not all Hambers are nice people.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratfink56, Feb 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOT ALL HAMBERS ARE NICE PEOPLE.

As members we don't always agree but I like to think there is a very small percentage that falls in this
    category, the vast majority are stand up guy's that do what they say. HRP

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

Anyone who thinks broken promises and money didn't matter
    50 years ago is not not being realistic..

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  3. ratfink56

ratfink56

Shoot Bill I am sorry about that. Here in the south you'd be Billy Bob!

4. I don’t know his side of the story but I understand your grief. When all is said and done a man’s word is everything. At the very least you can give him a bad feedback review here on the Hamb and explain why. Maybe you will save someone else down the road. Good luck, hope you fine a better car in your search.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  5. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I am naive... I still prefer to trust first, even knowing there are scumbags around. I have had to eat some cash here and there. At least you're only out time, and you can save your cash for someone who deserves the windfall.

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Hate to hear this.
    Especially from a member.
    I’d also guess he found a better offer or the car he was intending on buying fell through.
    Either way it’s a terrible way to treat people

7. getow

getow

Man... i never heard of having to ask permission to sell a car, its always permission to buy em.. At least thats da way da story is told.... lmao....

Funny shit....lololol

8. I will play devils advocate here. The seller doesn't know you from adam, you put no money down, I have no idea how you arranged payment but you have a third party coming to pick up the vehicle that he also doesn't know from adam and I assume you will not be present for the sale. Maybe the deal was too wonky for his comfort so he backed out. He did gave you 5 days notice if the pick up was to be this weekend.

9. getow

getow

And. Ya know that "money is da root of all evil". Not to mention, "exchanging money will keep ya honest". I guess old sayings go a long way.

10. getow

getow

I can agree with that also.

chryslerfan55 and 49ratfink like this.
  11. adam401

adam401

Bro someone has to say it. A 4 door Dodge with Chrysler sebring seats? And the back of the car is terrible. The hot rod gods have smiled upon you. Youre better off.

12. Who the hell are you quoting?.... Pa Kettle? ;)

13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unfortunately in many instances, no good deed goes unpunished.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

CAREFUL! How do we know witch 1934 Dodge is involved here. :eek::eek::eek:Bob

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yep, not throwing salt in the wound, but I tell everyone "it's for sale until I have cash in my hand." I have had countless folks that were leaving their house that very moment on their way with a trailer......never to be heard from again.

Your word should be good enough, but anymore, cash talks baby.....

16. getow

getow

Well... i think thats something ive heard.. lololol

17. It sucks when you get your hopes up for something like that- you’ll be ticked for a few days and hold some resentment toward the seller for his decision not to sell it to you.. But do yourself a favour and let it go- Things happen for a reason and we don’t know what’s going on in the sellers world- but at the end of the day it’s his property to decide what he wants to do with it.
    Believe me- grudges are too heavy to carry around for very long.
    There’s always another car..

chryslerfan55, ClarkH, AVater and 2 others like this.
  18. Budget36

Budget36

Fair enough. But if you spent time and resources (read the other posts) and had things lined up , wouldn’t you want to vent a bit? Or is it a “oh well, shipper can go eff off” thing? Mans word should be a bond.

chevy57dude and Hnstray like this.
  19. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's got three ads in the classifieds for it, and it's been for sale for two years.

Last week I (thought I had) sold a brand new still on the pallet O/T Nissan TD27 four cylinder diesel engine on that "e" site. Asshole clicked my "buy it now" price, asked a couple questions whose answers were clearly in the ad and on the pictures. "Does it have a turbocharger?" No, read the ad and look at the photos. "Does it have a starter?" No, read the ad and look at the photos.

"It's gonna cost to much to get those parts."

Asshole. Now I have to screw around with "that site" to get all my listing fees and stuff credited and try to find another buyer.

My point: Buyers can be as much of a pain in the ass as sellers can, and more of them probably are.

20. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I second that, that thing is gross,

21. Terry D

Terry D
    from NY

No big deal it is the sellers loss not yours.Now you get to keep looking at cool cars for sale!There are a lot of them!Seller only has one,your search is unlimited.

Hnstray likes this.
  22. It amazes me people are willing to join the mob in condemning the seller here...I have no idea what has happened but there are two sides and I’m not willing to join either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I would have paid a deposit and had the deal locked up before I would ever have lined up a shipper, everyone is different

24. gtokid70

gtokid70

Seems to happen alot. I sent a guy a money order (before internet transfers) then a few days later says it sold apparently his mother sold it. Ya Ok. I did get my money back but poor business. Just last week I made a deal, we agreed on a price. In less than 12 he emails me and says sorry sold. I checked the listing, still there. I send him a message through a different email address. So he says I think there sold. Well still listed and he even lowered the price. He never bothered to even get back to me and offered it back to me.

Sent from my SM-T510 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. ditto to that.. sucks that it happened..

Moriarity likes this.
  26. Fordors

Fordors

It’s not always just a man’s word in a business transaction , I’ve sent guys here stuff for free on my dime and never heard anything back, not even a “fuck you”. On second thought maybe that was their response, they just didn’t have the balls to say it.

27. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So what was the payment method ?

28. Sucks and not cool.

buddy knows or should have seen this thread, he should post HIS side of the story.

My guess is he’s bored and likes stringing guys along to get a raging semi and get his rocks off !

chryslerfan55 and fauj like this.
  29. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Maybe that's something that could be added to the classified rules. Cars/trucks for sale must be described accurately with actual pictures of it. Once listed it has to be available at the price shown in the ad or lesser price if seller and buyer agree.
    Since transportation has to be arranged there can be no last minute backing out of the deal. Seller must represent car or truck honestly (major, not minor misrepresentation i.e. "runs well" and motor is locked up!), not minor "picky" things (door handle knob cracked).
    Maybe a fine or banning from membership.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.