Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not a barn, but a metal building find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mopacltd, Oct 15, 2020.

1. mopacltd

mopacltd

I think the wife has decided to sell her 2011 Jeep and make this her daily driver. So it looks like I will keep this just like it is.

lippy likes this.
  2. I think of all the cars I've owned, the 65 Sport Fury is the one I wish I still had.

Great score my friend!

winduptoy likes this.
  3. mopacltd

mopacltd

IMG_20201014_163331821_HDR.jpg I have owned a bunch of Mopars and I am kinda attached to this one.

4. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Is that a lightweight battery cable dangling over the exhaust manifold?

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

Ground cable. Someone mounted the battery in the trunk. That will be removed and the battery installed where it belongs.

6. mopacltd

mopacltd

That would be fun

7. mopacltd

mopacltd

Finally found a stock battery tray, brace and hold down. I never expected to have some much trouble finding one. I was told the people making them have discontinued manufacture and the one I bought was the last one in inventory.

8. mopacltd

mopacltd

Well, after installing the battery and tray. Pulled plugs the plugs to run compression test. Only to find right side blown head gasket and 4 cylinders with very low compression. Motor will be coming out soon.

9. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Grew up in Phx, AZ, 1963...I was 15yrs old working on my Chevy hot rod..was always giving crap to my sister's boyfriend who had a brand new 1963 Golden Commando Sport Fury, 4 speed, 383", radio and heater delete.
    He finally took me for the ride of my life. I can still feel the thrill of him power shifting through the gears.
    Never gave him crap after that. Still a Chevy guy, but Mopars and your car are way cool!!

10. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that but good to know someone else has my kind of luck.
    Now you know someone has your kind of luck

11. 73RR

73RR

Nice find! The biggest issue with the 361 is new pistons if you have to go that far...forgings will be just about the best option.

12. mopacltd

mopacltd

Fingers crossed for just a bore clean up hone and no piston necessary. Morrison Machine in Glendale, AZ has been my place to go for years and I know we be able to make things work out. When I pulled the fuel tank to clean out the varnish, it was like swiss cheese.

13. Flatnose

Flatnose

'64 Plymouth's are great. Lots of engine options and nice body style. Any Darts among the cars you're helping the widow move(or Barracudas)?

14. mopacltd

mopacltd

I bought the off topic Cuda and drive it often. The only vehicle left is an off topic Monte Carlo. The metal building is still full of auto machine shop equipment along with parts that fill it and the 40 conex container.

15. mopacltd

mopacltd

Installed a new fuel tank and sender today.