Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgia Super Stock 64 Dodge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greybeard360, Aug 23, 2013.

1. greybeard360

greybeard360

This is a car we built to run in NSS. I found the car buried in a local wrecking yard.... not very pretty. BUT !!! It was pretty solid! It is obvious that someone had used it as a race car a long time ago and whoever built it was a well defined hack to say the least. There was no rear end in it, only the spindles left in the front. They loaded it on the trailer with a fork lift.

$250.00..... not too bad.

I had a rear end housing laying in the shop and a couple of axles.... C clamps installed that. I also had some Volare disc brakes laying around, that got the front end in rolling condition.... push it of the trailer and into the shop and let the fun begin!

Attached Files:

2. Sheet metal looks pretty good. At $250.00.....brother you got a deal!

3. I've always loved the roof-line of the '64. It just screams, "BITCHIN!" :cool:

4. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Looks like a great start. I really like that era of race cars. The names, lettering, decals of the day and plain and simple the look.

Very nice. Look forward to seeing the end result.

5. greybeard360

greybeard360

First thing was get the subframe connectors in, outriggers for the cage and then the cage. Get the motor plate mounted up then work on the tin for the interior. The we had to fix the front shock supports where it looked like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre had happened !!!

Attached Files:

6. greybeard360

greybeard360

Moving on to more stuff.....

Attached Files:

7. greybeard360

greybeard360

Now we are getting somewhere!!!

The motor is a 500 inch low deck, Indy heads and intake, Bullet roller cam.

The last photo was at the Motorplex in Ennis... 9.52 @ 140 mph

Who said you can't go mid 9's on leaf springs?????

Attached Files:

8. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Man you work fast. All in a day? That is a really nice looking race car.

9. That's the quickest turn-around I've ever seen! HOLY SHIT!!! :eek:

'The 500' steering wheel is a nice touch. :D

10. greybeard360

greybeard360

Actually... after the cage was in, it took 33 days to finish it and having it running with an iron head 440 in it. That was our mule to get things rolling. The 500 incher came a few months later.

I like posting all the pics at one time.... keeps from stretching things out for months on end... LOL

I hate waiting !!!

11. Hell, in LESS than a day!!! His first post was a little after 10:00 AM, and the last post was him running 9's at the track at 10:25 AM!!! He =IS= a Mopar God!!! :)

Seriously though.... COOL car!!! I've been through a LOT of Mopars in my life, but I've always had a soft spot for 64-65 Dodge's & Plymouths.